Weights - MGW, etc

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by JaG, Aug 1, 2009.

1. JaG

JaG Funster

Ratings:
    +959
    We have just had our Toyota Hiace (with attitude) stripped out and refurbished. I obviously need new weight certificates for it. Can anyone tell me:
    1. When it is weighed what is included on the weighbridge, i.e, fuel, persons, etc?
    2. What weights do I need, i.e. front axle, rear axle, individual axle, whole weight?
    3. How do I work out all the different weights that should be displayed, MGVW, etc?
    We have different tyres on it to standard. The front are 205/50/15 and the rear are 265/50/15. Does this affect the MGVW, or whatever it is called? A lot of questions I know. Hoping someone can help. Thanks Graham & Jean

2. vwalan

vwalan Funster

Ratings:
    +6,320
    your weights are still the same. only your convertion weight will have changed. for your own knowledge weigh front axle, then total weight loaded that gives you the 3 weights front ,total , take one from other gives back axle. check against manufacturers plate or listing. to be sure you arent overloading.