Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
@mfw interesting that the weight over your front axle is actually more than your rear ... don't think I've ever seen that before!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
@mfw interesting that the weight over your front axle is actually more than your rear ... don't think I've ever seen that before!
Perhaps him and the boss are heavy weights.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Must agree it is unusual, not sure which exact model he has, nothing of that length in that range on the current Polite site, may have a short overhang and tanks could be well forward.

OP
OP
M

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
engine and gearbox at front and fuel and water between front and rear no real weight at rear but i've been on the scales thought she needed to lose weight ( not saggy at all just gut feeling ) so im not surprised really that it is heavier at front

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
Perhaps him and the boss are heavy weights.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Must agree it is unusual, not sure which exact model he has, nothing of that length in that range on the current Polite site, may have a short overhang and tanks could be well forward.
I'm about 5 ft 9in and weigh in at 81kg so not quite obese think wife is heavier but not gonna tell her that

OP
OP
M

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
When it comes to Motorhomes there are advantages to having a 4'10" 45kg wife, BTW I'm only 74kg.:ROFLMAO:
how tall though guess would be about 5ft 6in any less you would probably look like a telly tubby no offence meant

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Got pilote galaxy 3500kg 6.8m long license restricts me to 3500kg at moment so cant uprate van weight but it has a lot of storage space
Only if you want to store fresh air. anything else will weigh real kilos.

OP
OP
M

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
You are slim theno_O built for speed rather than comfort think i will weigh van with everything in except the wife see where the weight ends up at.
GWAYGWAY gives me an idea blow up doll on passenger seat dressed as wife that will reduce weight:cautious:

Deleted User

Our Globecar is like that, depends on layout.
Edit:
Thinking about this I have noticed in the past that most PVC's are built on a longer wheelbase chassis than similar sized coachbuilts leading to much longer overhangs which obviously puts more weight on the rear axle.

Our Globecar is 6m and very little overhang and with both engine, transmission, fuel, water and 150k of driver and passenger over or near to the front axle it is not surprising that the weight on the front is higher.

6.4m PVC's are usually built on the same length chassis which gives another 18" of overhang and with most of that space used for storage the weights will be as usually expected.

Last edited by a moderator:

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
We are on our third brand new Globecar, all of which have been built on the same Ducato chassis, 6.36 metres. The additional length over the 6 metre ones amounts to about 14 inches. Fresh water and gas, (11 kg x2), are situated in the rear of the van, waste just rear of centre underneath. Long range fuel tank, 120 litres.

Our chassis is the heavy one and is plated at 3500 kg. When we have had them weighed fully loaded they all have come in at about 3450 kg and each axle about the same weight at a little over 1700kg each.

Bearing in mind the axle capacities are front 2100 kg and rear 2400 kg, and keeping within the plated weight of 3500 kg, I suspect it would be nigh on impossible to overload either one of them unless you deliberately tried to do so.

If required our van can be up rated to 4250 kg without any modification, just a paper excercise.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
Have moved some not needed bits out of van and reweighed got it down to 3440kg so not too bad think you can get away with up to 5% overweight anymore think you will be fined only me in van when weighed so we will see - probably can lose about another 20kg if need be

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back