Weight of spare wheel - fiat ducato (1 Viewer)

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Hi, I recently saw a post where someone asked the weight of a spare wheel -I think they were thinking of adding one but were concerned about the added weight.

I weighed one I have bought today (I intend fitting it either underneath or on the back 'towbar' style design - which I haven't got yet LOL)

the weight of the 15 inch wheel and tyre I have is 25kg - I hope that helps someone

I didn't weigh the jack etc but I would put it at no more than 8kg

Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging
I've got one as well. Got it as a matching alloy 215/70 on a 15" rim. It weighs about the same as yours at 25.7kg (steel wheel is heavier by 3-5 kg according to the dealer)
We keep it in the garage. All I need to do now is remember where I put the locking nuts.

enark

Free Member
Oct 28, 2022
Funster No
MH
burstner
Hi, realise this is an old post.

just moved my spare to the vehicle underside, which is where Fiat intended it to be, and additionally the tool kit is now back under the divers seat. So all toll, that’s 32kgs off the garage rear wall, which reduces any uneven loading a little, and also frees up the whole garage.

not sure why Burstner bothered fitting these in the garage to start with?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
If I had seen this earlier I might have been able to answer as I had 5 new tyres fitted this morning including the spare in the garage, but mine are 16" wheels.

That spare is mounted on the forward wall of the garage so its moment to the rear axle is minimal. Maybe N&B are a bit smarter than Burstner ;) :giggle:

enark

Free Member
Oct 28, 2022
Funster No
MH
burstner
Can’t fathom it myself as Fiat have drilled and set all the threads in the chassis to accept the mounting assembly, yet MH builders put them in the garage, guess front wall is better for weight, but still takes up space.

ps mine is a 16 inch steel wheel.

Feb 18, 2022
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9048DF 2016
Can’t fathom it myself as Fiat have drilled and set all the threads in the chassis to accept the mounting assembly, yet MH builders put them in the garage, guess front wall is better for weight, but still takes up space.

Fiat or Alko?
A lot (most?) MH have Alko chassis, apart from PVCs.

Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging
Standard Fiat chassis on my Rimor.
Pretty sure that the place for a spare wheel is occupied by the grey water tank, so mine lives in the garage

Oct 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner td590 lyseo
Exp
campervan for 5 years, motorhome since May 19
Hi, realise this is an old post.

just moved my spare to the vehicle underside, which is where Fiat intended it to be, and additionally the tool kit is now back under the divers seat. So all toll, that’s 32kgs off the garage rear wall, which reduces any uneven loading a little, and also frees up the whole garage.

not sure why Burstner bothered fitting these in the garage to start with?
Your garage will also now qualify for cheaper toll fees in france.
Win win đź‘Ť

Oct 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner td590 lyseo
Exp
campervan for 5 years, motorhome since May 19
It all weighs nothing when you go over a speed bump.

Graydo

Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp

Is that in front or behind the rear axle?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back