Free Member
Dec 7, 2007
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Cl Dethleffs Globevan
Exp
since 2001
Decided to weigh mine last year on a self service dynamic axle weigher at gildersome nr leeds.Very happy with results.I had full fresh water tank and deisel 2 adults,a spare tyre plenty of beer and fully loaded .
When I bought it the payload was given at 780kg

read out on dynamic weigher

front axle 1360
back axle 1910
gross 3270 ::bigsmile:

on the plate in the Dethleffs globevan

it says these weights

1- 1750
2- 2250

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
They were offering the same free service last year at the entrance to the Newark show We took advantage of the free offer and had our vehicle weighed. :thumb:

As is happened, we had been to our local weighbridge that very morning, on our way to Newark, and had a ticket confirming the weight which was bang on 3,500 kg. :Smile:

Now here is a surprise. The free weigh of our van came out at 2,700 kg. :Eeek: We immediately said "wrong" and presented them with the weighbridge ticket. They reset their scales, and moved them slightly and weighed us again. Result, 2,900 kg. :Doh: Still way off!!

With regard to the Reich scales, we bought the orange one and found it useless. Each time we weighed the van the result was different. Up to 200 kg different. The supplier went through the entire operation with me and he decided that it was a faulty unit. He replaced it with another new one and the result was the same. He supplied a third one which was still no better so we gave up in the end. All 3 units were returned to Reich! :Eeek:

I owned and operated 2 weighbridges for over 25 years when I owned my business and both were registered as public weighbridges. As such they had too meet very stringent regulations and be no more than 20kgs out at max weight at any position on the plate. Also they were tested at least twice a year by weights and measures who always turned up unannounced.
As for these Reich scales there is no way they can be accurate especially when you see how much work goes into fitting a weighbridge and the cost 10s of thousands. The cost of weighing is cheap especially compared to these gimmicks and the fines associated with being overweight. :Eeek:
Save your money take it to a proper weighbridge. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back