We are looking at Caravan Guard insurance... (1 Viewer)

ManniK

Free Member
Jul 20, 2017
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Low Line AUTOTRAIL
Exp
I am looking at Caravan Guard insurance. Got a quote for Autotrail Mohawk 2011, 6000 miles, currently Europe not required for £262. Anyone anything good or bad to report?

BGB

Free Member
Feb 28, 2016
GAINSBOROUGH
Funster No
MH
PANEL VAN CONVERSION
Exp
SINCE AUGUST 2015
Just got my renewal from CaravanGuard on 2016 Eldis 175, including 10,000 miles and full uk and European recovery assistance for £400.....thought that was ok...you can always find cheaper but dont want to find out its too cheap when it all goes wrong...

OP
OP
ManniK

ManniK

Free Member
Jul 20, 2017
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Low Line AUTOTRAIL
Exp
BGB, in deed, yours is likewise not a bad quote. I also liked the fact that he was asking the right questions and removing unneeded items like EU cover as is currently not required by us. Recovery is also included in mine. Not sure if that changes a lot if I take it off as I got recovery from elsewhere already. Other quotes I got where about £100 higher. I also read that Caravan Guard seems to not create a fuss and diversion when it comes to people making claims.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
We used to be with them and were happy with their service - only left because a second claim put premium up (not unreasonable really) and other companies were then cheaper.

Nov 24, 2008
Anywhere that takes our fancy
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since july 2009 And Still Going Strong
Been with them for three years and all seems ok. Only dealing has been some windscreen chips sorted with no issues.

Just had the renewal this last week, £2 increase on last years so not bothering to look elsewhere. For us the big plus point is the 9months continuos habitation and 9months Europe cover.

All renewed online with no need for any phone calls and like the fact they email all the documents that we need,as well as the hard copy in the post.

Shawn

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
I'm with Comfort, with Europe breakdown £288, so it might pay to shop around. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 22, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail V line 635se
Exp
Caravanner since 1993
We've been with them for 5 years. We had the caravan come off the tow ball and have to have £12300 of repairs done. Phoned them up they went to have a look after 3 days phoned me and said OK we'll manage this and all paperwork and payments and progress chasing. When everything was done rang me sent the paperwork and said go and pick it up. When I got to the repair dealers they gave me the keys and didn't want me ro sign anything or pay for any hidden clauses they just said here you are it's all been sorted. So our experience has been top class. So that's why they insure our Motorhome now. £30000 £283 premium

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back