Watford/Hemel Hempstead area - any recommendations for habitation service providers? (1 Viewer)

Apr 1, 2012
Sarratt, Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt 2 berth
Exp
Since 2012
We have just had our Autocruise Starlet 2 serviced and MOT'd but have a problem with the electrics. On hookup we could not get power to the van as the trip switch had activated and could not be reset. The 12v system seems to be ok as the 12v lighting is working. There is evidence that something has been nibbling on plastics in the battery box area/side locker ( small droppings and chewed bits of plastics!). I couldn't find them when checking the locker so am assuming they have now left us! However, I could not see any obvious damage to cables nearest the battery box.

Recommendations would be appreciated please for a reliable habitation engineer in the Watford/ Hemel Hempstead or nearby areas.

I'm assuming this is something that a habitation engineer could sort rather than an automotive electrician as I need to get a habitation service done anyway!

Thanks.

Solution
On some trip switches, like my last coachbuilt, there is a 'test' button to allow you to test it & lower down there is a 'reset' button which has to be pushed in to allow the tripped switch to be reset & lock in position.
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
On some trip switches, like my last coachbuilt, there is a 'test' button to allow you to test it & lower down there is a 'reset' button which has to be pushed in to allow the tripped switch to be reset & lock in position.

Upvote 0
Solution
OP
OP
C
Apr 1, 2012
Sarratt, Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt 2 berth
Exp
Since 2012
PXL_20210612_104245170.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C
Apr 1, 2012
Sarratt, Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt 2 berth
Exp
Since 2012
Gus, thanks for your reply. On the control panel there is a test button but no reset. The test button is the small circle under the main fuse on the left hand side of the diagram.

I tried pushing the trip switch back up but there was some resistance. I didn't want to apply more pressure just in case I broke the switch!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back