Water pump juddering on one tap, not the other (1 Viewer)

Jason Scott

Free Member
Apr 2, 2018
Funster No
In our custom conversion the main sink tap doesn't flow very well and causes what can be seen in the video linked here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Dyc5D2mRQLJ2YqB17.

The tap in the bathroom, when on full, is fine and doesn't do this.

From what I can tell the taps have micro-switches to activate. Is there anything I can easily do to rectify this (we can of course just live with it).

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I don't think your taps have micro switches, with the symptoms you describe it sounds like a pressure system.. do have you a Shurflo pump or submersible.?

If Shurflo, the pump is cutting in and out on the pressure switch , if you raise the cut out pressure it should rectify this.. the pressure adjusting screw is on the end of the pump, with the tap open and pump running, try screwing it in a 1/4 turn at a time until the pump runs without cutting in and out ..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
I would have thought you have a problem with the pipe to the tap. Its either got a kink in it or its trapped. If you remove the water feed to the tap and switch the pump on does it still happen. If it does then it has to be the pipe. The pump is working to hard to push the water through.

Upvote 0
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I would have thought you have a problem with the pipe to the tap. Its either got a kink in it or its trapped. If you remove the water feed to the tap and switch the pump on does it still happen. If it does then it has to be the pipe. The pump is working to hard to push the water through.
That would cause it - but flow resistance does vary from one tap to another dependant on the tap itself & the pipework routing. My first course of action would be as @scotjimland suggests. If that doesn't cure it immediately then that's the time to look at pipework.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back