Free Member
Nov 7, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
VW Grand California
Exp
Since 2020
Not sure what the issue is here....I had a water leak coming from the little clear plastic thingy (pressure switch?) that’s located in and around the fresh water tank with all the pipes etc. and tightened it and the leak stopped. However what started me off looking was that the kitchen tap flowed intermittently and the pump making the strange noise that it makes when it’s stop starting. However the shower and bathroom sink pressure is fine and running normally, but the kitchen tap is still the same. Anybody have any ideas? not sure if this has anything to do with it, but my van is parked on a slight slope on my drive and the kitchen tap although not miles away is the furthest tap out of them all and is going up the slope......any thoughts from anybody 😀

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
The ”little clear plastic thingy” does it look like this
0A25133C-2581-4866-A20D-3CD42888B32D.jpeg

if so it’s just a water filter.
If water is ok in some places and not others, I can only think of a few things. debris blocking tap, possibly caused by tightening the thingy, try removing filter in spout, but it may be stuck earlier in tap. Air in the system run taps and it will purge system eventually. Or air entering system, possibly from the thingy as that is before the pump, so will suck air in, rather than leak.

OP
OP
T

TOAD on Tour

Free Member
Nov 7, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
VW Grand California
Exp
Since 2020
Ok, thanks for the reply, my only thoughts are that the toilet sink and shower run absolutely fine. Also when I initially tightened the thingy the kitchen tap improved for a short time, but has gone back to being intermitten!

OP
OP
T

TOAD on Tour

Free Member
Nov 7, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
VW Grand California
Exp
Since 2020
I am going to loosen the thingy and tighten again and will also see if I can remove the filter in the spout......

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
In the photograph, kindly supplied by, Landy Andy , it looks as though there is a fibre/ rubber washer to seal between the thread spigot and the “clear thingy”.

Is it possibly missing on your set up allowing an air leak?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
T

TOAD on Tour

Free Member
Nov 7, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
VW Grand California
Exp
Since 2020
Thanks maison, I will take a look at that. I plan on going back out to the van at 5pm when I’ve finished some work calls.... I’ll report back. Thanks again 👍

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
It's possible that during the cold weather it froze in the little pot and cracked it. Lost one like that because having drained everything down for the winter I left that full of water. :gum:

OP
OP
T

TOAD on Tour

Free Member
Nov 7, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
VW Grand California
Exp
Since 2020
Thanks SuperMike, I will check that as well. Although I’m hoping it’s an air block or debris between the filter and kitchen tap as the shower and toilet sink taps run fine.

OP
OP
T

TOAD on Tour

Free Member
Nov 7, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
VW Grand California
Exp
Since 2020
LandyAndy! genius....it was limescale built up in the tap spout blocking the filter....as the water is really soft down here, I would’ve never looked! All working tickety boo now! only had the van a few weeks (new to us on a 2008 plate), so I was panicking when I saw the water leak! I can barely change a light bulb so I just had visions of arguments with the dealer etc. thanks again to all who gave their suggestion 👍👍👍👍

Wikky

Free Member
Aug 6, 2020
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Since 2003
Ah just read this. The washroom basin tap in our mh makes the pump pulse however shower and kitchen tap are ok. I'll now have a look at the tap spout filter.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back