Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
That's a bit of good design.....not!! why couldn't they weld an extension on when building the M/H??
Cheers, Dave(y)

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
cut a v into the end of a piece of 1" wood , about foot long , insert through the hole and try to locate the plastic lugs and turn. should get you out of trouble.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
I am thinking that one of those gator grip thingies would do it but you don't seem to be able to just buy one off the shelf

Here you go. I have one of these to use, if necessary, on the square emergency manual drive on Managements electric lift, which helps her into the motorhome. I can then use a ratchet handle, instead of the stupid crank type tool they give you that has to be taken off every quarter turn, because it hits the bodywork.:doh:

Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
GeebeeJaybee

GeebeeJaybee

Free Member
May 28, 2015
St Helens
Funster No
MH
A Class - Adria Vision
Exp
So we managed to fudge it with a gator grip. Handle needs to be longer though. The bloke obviously is just a lying sod as there was no tool left in the MH (1st excuse) and there is definitely no hole in the garage floor, thank god (2nd excuse).
He is obviously just a bit of a cowboy - worringly really as he is the owner of a very large dealers in Lostock Hall, Lancashire! We won't be buying from there then if he is happy just to lie to people. The bloke we had out to look at it on Friday said he hasn't changed the valve like he was paid to and has just fudged a fix which is why there is no longer a handle to open and close it.

Still at least we could get away this weekend even if our temporary measure was a bit of a faff.

Thanks all for your help.

Jen

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back