Washy Washy North East (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 12, 2021
Next to The Rusty Angel
Funster No
MH
Race Van
I am looking for somewhere in the North East (Gateshead / Newcastle area) where I can take my MH to wash / clean. I live in a cul de sac and with having an 8m van is nigh on impossible to park outside my home to clean it.
Anyone know of anywhere I could take it to clean?

TA Steve

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Washing it yourself or someone to do it? If doing it yourself book in for a weekend at Alnwick rugby club, hardstanding, power, water and clubhouse!

Mixyblob

Free Member
Jun 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
30+ years
In the past I've waited for a rainy day, donned my waterproofs, driven to a car park on Dartmoor (lived very near) armed with steps, bucket, Turtlewax and a sponge.
I got some strange looks but ended up with a clean and well rinsed van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging
This is a huge problem for us. There is a very gentle slope on my drive and water pools on the roof. That side doesn't get much sun and so it is continually discoloured. I don't do ladders after breaking ribs falling off a ladder while ... yep, cleaning the roof of the bus.

I was looking at getting one of those little scaffolding platform things, but the cheapest option turned out to be our local handyman, who does the whole bus in an hour. Thirty quid plus a little drink.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Have to tried Marquis at Birtley? They aren't far from you and may be helpful. There's a large coach garage just along from them on the right towards Ch Le St. JC Coaches.

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
camping and caravanning since a kid. New to motorhomes
NE caravans in ashington have a bay with water etc for washing yourself or they will do it for you for a fee, can't remember how much exactly but it wasn't a silly price.
handy to know as I'm in Cramlington but also have an issue with being able to safely wash the van.
You don't by any chance know if they also have steps there to allow access to the roof ?

Jolak

Free Member
Nov 6, 2022
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 175
I'm facing a similar problem now I've got it in my driveway, but it gives me room to do one side, so I will have to shuffle it about. I'm considering using a ladder with cloths or sponges tied to the runners so it doesn't scratch the paintwork (have done this before with a caravan). I just need one of those extendable brushes I can connect to the water. Waxing the roof may present a challenge. My wife gets worried to death because I broke a hip when I came off a ladder about 25 years ago when cleaning the upstairs windows - if I break it again, I might get the hip replacement I badly need and am probably going to have to pay for myself. I've heard you can get it done for about half price in Lithuania and that includes taking into account the cost of flights, hotel etc. (perhaps I should start a new thread with that topic?)

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
The E. Europeans at a local hand car wash make a fine job of mine for £30.
(I mentioned the fact that they are E. Europeans as a compliment to their careful and cheerful service).

Sep 2, 2017
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
handy to know as I'm in Cramlington but also have an issue with being able to safely wash the van.
You don't by any chance know if they also have steps there to allow access to the roof ?
Yes they do the roof if you want. It's the one next to tower garage coopen road

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back