Warning light 2015 Ducato (1 Viewer)

Jul 2, 2017
Pr9 9qs
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix 670sl
Exp
You were asking for advice, and I now realise that a hundred and one things can cause the light to come on.
Our problem was a dodgy/Faulty injector cap. These are hidden under a plastic cover at the front of the cam cover ( where the oil goes in) They replaced it twice and we have had no problems since. Perhaps because I carry a spare one now!
Apparently, they told me that one connection fires the injector and the other talks to the computer and they go out of sync.
Cant say if this helps but you might feel better in the morning by having a look around
Best wishes

Mike
That one injector determines the firing mode this is a major link in timing of the engine. PS if you delete it it will never go away until the fault is fixed. That is why it needs to go to a dealer or dealer franchise for correct diagnosis

Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
Edit, ignore that it's underboost not overboost..
unlikley to be stuck vanes in a VNT then as they usually default to overboost.

So underboost..
Split boost hose
Split intercooler end tanks
Blocked exhaust
Wastegate disconnected
Turbo failure

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2017
Pr9 9qs
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix 670sl
Exp
Overboost code...
Get it to a garage, you're unlikely to be fixing that yourself and certainly not with a fuel additive.
Could be stuck vanes if it is a VNT
Could be a vac leak
Could be faulty / blocked actuator solenoid
?

OP
OP
DINGER

DINGER

Free Member
Jan 14, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido
Exp
since 2006
Thanks people for all the input. I will see what tomorrow brings , and seek professional help with said fault code before embarking on any far flung trips. Bloody frustrating

Jun 18, 2013
Essex, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666F
Exp
Since 2015
D Salmon at Colchester/Weeley is a Fiat Professional dealer - not that close to Brentwood but Essex hasn't got many hills and it's a steady drive along the A12. They used to mention motorhomes explicitly on their website at their Weeley branch but don't seem to do so now.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I had a similar issue with the Last Rapido, Also on a Fiat (Fix It Again Tomorrow). I called out the RAC. ( I have the CCC arrival, as part of my Insurance) Nice man ran his "instrument" over it and stated the it was an EGR fault, cleared it and it was OK. He said however it WILL reappear, (and it did), Eventually I had the EGR to replace and the Scabby knuckles to prove it!. I still have the Software (multiecuscan) and the Dongles for the laptop, which do clear many codes but not all.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
But a fiat ducatto is a light truck. ? And what’s the point of having a system we’re joe bogs can delete fault codes. Sorry proper dealer workshops can still read deleted fault codes done it loads of times. Can’t see why the car game is different I no for a fact land rover is the same
Oh look a diagnosis expert that TEACHES diaganostics just flashed this up on one of his videos ??
FE8F9371-86CE-46E5-8CF2-49FA5544DB56.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back