Wall board jointing tape (1 Viewer)

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
The jointing tape which is sitting over the joints on our roof panels inside the MH is starting to peel back a bit in places.

Does anyone know any stockist where you can contact them and say, I need the tape for a Chausson xyz and they will know exactly which tape you need?

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
O’Leary will have it. Why not replace with D trim? Much better than tape. It will stay put, can be removed if needed and replaced, and also can take 2 thin wires inside. Just a thought.

OP
OP
Sandancers
May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Exp
Several years now
I'll try O'Leary. I think it will be easier to put new tape on rather than D trim.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
The jointing tape which is sitting over the joints on our roof panels inside the MH is starting to peel back a bit in places.

Does anyone know any stockist where you can contact them and say, I need the tape for a Chausson xyz and they will know exactly which tape you need?
We had one or two starting to do that but with careful use of glue (using a fine nozzle) managed to fix them back. Something like Uhu is OK as you can just rub off any excess that squeezes out.

OP
OP
Sandancers
May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Exp
Several years now
We had one or two starting to do that but with careful use of glue (using a fine nozzle) managed to fix them back. Something like Uhu is OK as you can just rub off any excess that squeezes out.

I thought of doing that but was worried about any smears of glues showing up on the ceiling. Is UHU a clear glue ?

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I thought of doing that but was worried about any smears of glues showing up on the ceiling. Is UHU a clear glue ?
Yip, clear and it rubs off before it drys. Goes a bit rubbery when you rub it.
Used to be very popular for the kids in school cause it does come off easily.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Sandancers
May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Exp
Several years now
Yip, clear and it rubs off before it drys. Goes a bit rubbery when you rub it.
Used to be very popular for the kids in school cause it does come off easily.

I looked at the UHU website and they have a large amount of different glues. Which did you use specifically ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back