LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Fridge to power connection not working. 240 supplying everything else ok, as is 12v. Fridge been intermittent few days. Now gone off again. Any ideas anyone ? Hubby has checked wiring as best he can :(

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Have you an electrical tester so that you know there is actually power at the fridge end connections ?

OP
OP
snowdrops

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Yes we've done that. Hubby gone off to try and find small electrical cool box. I've reset the fridge like I did last week and it's working again. On 12.4 v currently. We rang UK guy originally said compressor, but have rung him back with above info and he said can't be compressor really odd. V intermittent.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JFD

Apr 9, 2015
Crawley Down, West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Aventura G730
Exp
since 2014!
Is it actually turning itself off, or just not cooling?

We had an issue with our fridge not working/working intermittently last year when we were parked on a driveway in Switzerland. After much trial and error, it turned out that these fridges are EXTREMELY sensitive to slope. We moved to a completely flat space and, voila, no more misbehaving!!

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Is it actually turning itself off, or just not cooling?

We had an issue with our fridge not working/working intermittently last year when we were parked on a driveway in Switzerland. After much trial and error, it turned out that these fridges are EXTREMELY sensitive to slope. We moved to a completely flat space and, voila, no more misbehaving!!
dont think that applies to compressor fridges ?
you realy need to know if the fridge is cutting out with a supply or if its the supply thats cutting out i assume you have a transformer for working on hook up

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
There's not a lot to go wrong on a compressor fridge sounds like it could be a sticking thermostat or, you mentioned it's working now on 12v? The compressor will be 12v anyway won't it? So is there a power supply involved to connect it directly to EHU?

OP
OP
snowdrops

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Hi, Snowdrops hubby here. Thank you for all of your replies - it's greatly appreciated. Circuitry is roughly mains power/vehicle battery supply into Amporer device then 12v 85ahc leisure battery followed by 240/12v appliances. The fridge is a Waeco CR50. We are currently on mains hook up and the fridge internal power LED is on - fridge humming and leisure battery reading 12.7v. It has been running ok and cooling for the past couple of hours and had been working fine on hook up since the last issue over the weekend. However, whenever the 240v supply is interrupted the 12v system doesn't appear to kick in properly. The internal power LED illuminates but the red LED flashes once every 5 secs indicating insufficient power to start cooling - also the Amporer light goes out. When I reconnect the 240v external cable the Amporer light comes back on but it takes ages for the fridge to get started again - power LED on and red LED flashing once every 5 secs. I think the fridge is okay and the issue lies within the power system. I've been from one end to the other of both 12 and 240 systems - all fuses are okay and all connections appear to be good. We aren't moving until Sunday and I'm loath to disconnect the 240 cable as everything seems fine at the moment. I suspect it will keel over again once we disconnect before travelling. Is there anything else I can try bearing in mind I have limited knowledge and a basic toolkit? Many thanks in advance. PS. When running on the leisure battery only, turning on the van engine doesn't cure the problem either.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Can't seem to find out what an amporer device is. Is it a power supply for the fridge?

What's the leisure battery voltage when not on hook up?

Also there will be a start delay programmed into the controller to protect the compressor from trying to start with high pressure on the discharge (outlet) that could be up to 5 minutes.

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
The first thing I would is get your battery tested As @mitzimad said low battery, and if you have to have a new battery I would upgade to a larger amp battery you can fit in.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back