Vodaphone UK EU roaming data (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
I think it's been discussed before but can't find it. I see that for new customers data roaming deals don't apply in the EU anymore with Vodafone UK sims.

We have has ours years but they are only PAYG. Does anyone know if we qualify for the continuity of our deal.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Vodafone payg sims and special deals don’t have any roaming data. Or at least not the ones I have

OP
OP
gpat
Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Vodafone payg sims and special deals don’t have any roaming data. Or at least not the ones I have
Yes they do. They are called big value bundles. Been using then for years and still do.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
gpat
Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Had my Vodafone sim for a number of years on a 160gb account.
Since leaving the EU they have imposed a fair use policy of 25gb.
I don't mind the fair use thing, but now for new users they don't have any data at all.

Jul 26, 2018
Funster No
Yes they do. They are called big value bundles. Been using then for years and still do.
Are you sure?

Last time in France (last October) I had to buy a European data package or phone didn’t work. Had a bbv for years and used it previously in Europe (calls and data etc). Vodafone changed t and c’s by moving most European countries from zone 1 to zone 2 if I recall.

OP
OP
gpat
Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Are you sure?

Last time in France (last October) I had to buy a European data package or phone didn’t work. Had a bbv for years and used it previously in Europe (calls and data etc). Vodafone changed t and c’s by moving most European countries from zone 1 to zone 2 if I recall.
Well that's what I am trying to find out. I have used these bundles in Europe for years. No problem.

However, now they say they only work for existing customers

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
camping and caravanning since a kid. New to motorhomes
Be careful with Vodafone.

Their agents will tell you one thing and then not put everything through.

I updated both business contracts a while back and ensured it included roaming. Was very clear and specific on the phone when all agreed.

The agent didn’t put the roaming through and when away on December got charged £2 per day on each contract.

Am in formal dispute with them on this. Which they say they are dealing with, but well overdue getting back to me.
No doubt they’ll say they can’t examine the recording of the phone call or something like that. For some reason.

It’s not the first time they have pulled a stunt like this.

I wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole now.

OP
OP
gpat
Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years

I updated both business contracts a while back and ensured it included roaming. Was very clear and specific on the phone when all agreed.

The agent didn’t put the roaming through and when away on December got charged £2 per day on each contract.

Am in formal dispute with them on this. Which they say they are dealing with, but well overdue getting back to me.
No doubt they’ll say they can’t examine the recording of the phone call or something like that. For some reason.

I have had a few issues with them over the years. We only use the phones when we are in the UK and europe anyway so if the data doesn't work in the EU now then that's us done with them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bolti

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 13, 2017
Hondon Valley and the Kellets
Funster No
MH
Rapido V43
Exp
Since 2015
From the link you supplied go down to faq - roaming click on link to extras which brings up EU 8 days for £8 and you can only use 3gb of data.

Jul 26, 2018
Funster No
Well that's what I am trying to find out. I have used these bundles in Europe for years. No problem.

However, now they say they only work for existing customers
We had used our bbv’s abroad with no issues for a good few years. Changes last june(?) to the geographical areas meant that France etc was now put into zone b rather than the previous zone a so the roaming aspect was lost. Contacted them and, in short, existing customer or not the change of geographical locations meant that unless you had a plan that covered zone b we had to buy a eu package, as in the links above. PITA but that it. Stuffed. Needed to pay to be able to use phone.

Sep 13, 2016
Okehampton
Funster No
MH
Swift Mondial
Exp
Since 2016
I have “Vodafone 150GB + 4 extra benefits” this gives roaming in 51 countries. Although only 25GB per billing period when roaming.
My billing period is 15 th of month to 15th month. So when we crossed to Europe on 1st September we had 25GB to use from to 15th September, then 25 GB from 15 September to 15 October and another 25 from then to 1 November when we came home. So 75GB during the 2 months we were away.

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
camping and caravanning since a kid. New to motorhomes

update on this

they didn't get back to me. So I got in touch with their complaints department. Well an hour and half on the phone and eventaully got it all sorted.

They tried to tell me there was nothing on the call recording to indicate roaming. which I knew was absolute rubbish.

But they added roaming to the contracts and credited back the recent additional charges when I informed them that my son is Group Compliance and Safety Manager for a company who operator a number of call centres and had advised me to demand an SAR (subject access request), which is formal demand for a copy of all communications (including call recordings) and documentation held by the company in relation to the contract etc, as I was going to take the matter to ofcom.

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
We just buy roaming pass from Vodafone and not had any caps
The only info I can find is 8 or 15 days for £8 or £15 respectively or charged at £2 per day. I cant get a straight answer whether or not that is capped at 25Gb per billing month.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back