Jan 30, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
Since 2000
Hi All,
I have recently changed my motorhome and the new to me van has a Vodaphone A46 alarm fitted. I’m assuming this was an after market fitment rather than an Autotrail supplied option, but of course I could be wrong. The van is a 2017 Apache.
Unfortunately I have little information other than knowing that it is armed by the remote locking. I just wondered if the doors etc are armed when the vehicle is locked from the inside using the lock switch on the dash. Any info on this alarm would be a great help.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
If you are unsure, have a look at the boot/garage opening, the habitation door, inside the bonnet etc for sensors, armed when contact broken. As a last resort, arm the alarms and try opening various external doors.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Robo69

Robo69

Free Member
Jan 30, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
Since 2000
Thank you both, I will try what you have suggested. There are sensors on the lockers and bonnet.

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
I have a 2013 Auto Trail Mohawk for mine the dash button activates the central locking for all doors but does not set the alarm, the alarm sets when you lock the doors with the fob or the key in the door. As said above play with the different options to see what happens.

Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
I have a 2013 Auto Trail Mohawk for mine the dash button activates the central locking for all doors but does not set the alarm, the alarm sets when you lock the doors with the fob or the key in the door. As said above play with the different options to see what happens.
That's the same for our system except that when key is used to lock the doors the alarm is not set, only by using the fib.

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
That's the same for our system except that when key is used to lock the doors the alarm is not set, only by using the fib.

You could be right St Bognor about locking with the key, note to self check next time at van.

The other thing is when I lock from inside with the dash button the red light on the button stays on for a few seconds then goes out, also the step retracts, but that may just be the my set up as the step is programmable for when it opens and closes automatically. So you may have to be mindful that the step maybe retracted if you don't unlock from the inside to make them deploy.

OP
OP
Robo69

Robo69

Free Member
Jan 30, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
Since 2000
Thanks all, I tried It this evening and you are right the dash lock just locks the doors with out setting any alarm. I’m not sure if it’s possible with this system to actually have the perimeter alarm on whilst in the van.
I have to say I rarely stay anywhere where I’ve felt I need to do that but just wondered.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back