Viva la France (1 Viewer)

Jul 23, 2012
Kingswinford & 86230
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance 890
Exp
Since 2012
Hoping to allow for the 2-3 weeks delivery before my trip over the water at the end of the month, I applied for my crit air sticker Tuesday pm.
Received my confirmation email on Thursday.
Received my sticker Friday.
Well pleased and another thing crossed of the list of things to do.

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Don't forget to apply it to the Windscreen in the corner of the drivers position (RHD)
have heard of some people putting it the otherside and getting a small fine because of it (from a French group)

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Had one on my windscreen for a couple of years and in the many months in France since I've not been aware of anybody even glancing at it.
Half the French vans don't seem to have them so I wouldn't worry unless you intend to risk going into cities.

Richard.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Had one on my windscreen for a couple of years and in the many months in France since I've not been aware of anybody even glancing at it.
Half the French vans don't seem to have them so I wouldn't worry unless you intend to risk going into cities.

Richard.

Went last year and will be there very soon and had mine scanned at least twice by the wardens even in places the phone app says they are not needed so you've got one you're safe

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Went last year and will be there very soon and had mine scanned at least twice by the wardens even in places the phone app says they are not needed so you've got one you're safe
What wardens ?
I’ve not bothered with any stickers. Went to France last year in 3 different vehicles and didn’t see any others with them.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
had mine scanned at least twice by the warden
Like @Riverbankannie said, what wardens?
Were you in Paris or some similar hellhole?

We like peace and quiet and nice countryside or seaside so keep away from too much civilisation. :)

Richard.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Thought it was only applicable in a few cities anyway.
Paris
Lyon
Grenoble
Lille
Strasbourg
Toulouse
Chambery
Marseille

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
There are 32 zones showing on the Green Zones .EU App for France now that my class 4 will give me access to today
There are very few permanent restriction zones and these are in the big cities. The other zones can be brought into effect for a day or two if air pollution is high. I’m not sure that this has actually happened yet anywhere. As far as I’m aware, you don’t have to display a sticker in these zones unless the restriction is in place.
So you can still drive around France without a sticker just avoid Paris etc.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
There are 32 zones showing on the Green Zones .EU App for France now that my class 4 will give me access to today
Fair enough but some are permanent, temporary or emergency zones.
However, I doubt we'll go again. Shame but can't be doing with the rhetoric coming from the EU and particularly France

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
However, I doubt we'll go again. Shame but can't be doing with the rhetoric coming from the EU and particularly France
Has there been some rhetoric from France about motorhomers invading their country ?

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
no-one has ever been fined for having a sticker ... recon a few have been fined for not having one ... like insurance, I have mine and hopefully I will never need it ...... BUT !!!

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We have one.

Our travels around France tend to be “wanders” with no set itinerary. Having the sticker means we can go where we like, without worrying if we are covered or not. Especially useful if road diversions come into play.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987

What rhetoric’s that then?

I doubt many officials or “wardens” will be checking your Crit’air air sticker, they will probably be using ANPR cameras to check your registration against their database of registered vehicles.
If your not on the list, you will get a fine if you enter a relevant zone.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
We’ve had one on the last two MH always avoid big cities but like to be prepared( was a girl guide!) just Incase we have to go into a city in an emergency.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I haven't got one either
I did download the greenzones app on which you enter your vehicle details and which sticker or no sticker ad I did. It then tells you where you can't go.
Only place it told me currently was paris

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
What rhetoric’s that then?

I doubt many officials or “wardens” will be checking your Crit’air air sticker, they will probably be using ANPR cameras to check your registration against their database of registered vehicles.
They can't fine me if I don't go.
The data base has been building for years but even if I did go, I'd avoid these areas anyway but France is becoming less and less appealing by the week..
Just the statement from Barnier saying there is nothing to negotiate is rhetoric.
The entire process has big areas of rhetoric after the negotiations, obviously not before

BamBam

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 28, 2018
Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
I'm a newbie
I've tried to apply for a crit air sticker. But, I'm having trouble attaching a picture of my registration document. How do I compress a picture to get it within the 400kb limit? Also, do you take a picture of the front page or inside page?

tuscancouple

Free Member
Oct 8, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2007
Also, do you take a picture of the front page or inside page?

Easy bit first, scan inside LHS page of your V5.

If you have a .jpg picture, click to open, when open, click "open" tab at the top, then click "Paint". When it's opened in Paint click on "resize" tab, again at the top, LHS. Shrink to the file size you want and save. You can check actual file size using Explorer.

Mick

D

DL42846

Deleted User
I live here in France and I have a cit sticker on the windscreen. It's normally in the winter months that Paris suffers from air pollution, Dec/Jan/Feb/March. Like most things the French are fairly relaxed about these sort of things. But every now and again they have a purge. I prefer to have piece of mind and have one just in case it's needed. I also avoid going through Paris but as already been mentioned several other big cities have followed suit and you never know when your going to be diverted through one of the other cities. Ten minutes on the computer for a couple of years piece of mind or until the French come up with something else.

BamBam

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 28, 2018
Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
I'm a newbie
Easy bit first, scan inside LHS page of your V5.

If you have a .jpg picture, click to open, when open, click "open" tab at the top, then click "Paint". When it's opened in Paint click on "resize" tab, again at the top, LHS. Shrink to the file size you want and save. You can check actual file size using Explorer.

Mick

Thanks for that about which page to use.
However, the information about compressing a picture doesn't seem to be working! I don't have a computer only a phone. It doesn't seem like I have Paint to be able to do what you suggested. Any other ideas?

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
You'd have to be stopped to be given it. They cannot send you one under the cross border directive as it doesn't come under it.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
You'd have to be stopped to be given it. They cannot send you one under the cross border directive as it doesn't come under it.

When you register, you declare your vehicle details and address. Sending a fine will not need any cross border directives.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
They can't fine me if I don't go.
The data base has been building for years but even if I did go, I'd avoid these areas anyway but France is becoming less and less appealing by the week..
Just the statement from Barnier saying there is nothing to negotiate is rhetoric.
The entire process has big areas of rhetoric after the negotiations, obviously not before
?
‘Rhetoric can have a bad name, as if it means tricksy or deceptive speech. But the bottom line is it's a skill of using reasoned argument to persuade.

Recapturing some of that lost art might be a good idea, and might get us beyond pretty much indistinguishable soundbites’

It’s a shame UK politicians have lost the art of rhetoric.

That’s why they have got nowhere in 2.5 years of alleged negotiations.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
It’s worth mentioning that a crit air sticker doesn’t stop you getting bored to tears in France.

Just thought I would mention that(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back