Virus warning (1 Viewer)

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
I have just received an email from "ICS Monitoring Team", the email reads as follows:

Your internet access is going to get suspended

The Internet Service Provider Consorcium was made to protect the rights of software authors, artists.
We conduct regular wiretapping on our networks, to monitor criminal acts.

We are aware of your illegal activities on the internet wich were originating from

You can check the report of your activities in the past 6 month that we have attached. We strongly advise you to stop your activities regarding the illegal downloading of copyrighted material of your internet access will be suspended.

Sincerely
ICS Monitoring Team

If you receive such an email delete it immediately and do not open the attachment.

I don't wish to teach anyone to "suck eggs" here but there are a few unwary individuals who might without thinking click on it and inadvertently download this:
Viruses found in the attached files.
The file user-EA49943X-activities.zip: Trojan horse SHeur.CIKH. The attachment was moved to the Virus Vault.

I have AVG installed so not a problem here, I also don't download copyrighted material but some might have and be tempted to open the attachment.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The spelling and grammar are a bit of a clue to the dubious nature of the mail and I think you were right not to click on that attachment:Eeek::Smile:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
There's a lot of these cunning little tricks out there, the most prevolent at the moment is the Message Pop-up box stating "A virus has been found and click here to download XP Antivirus 2009."

We have found This one picks it up and eradicates it effectively.Malwarebytes.org

As usual Vigilance is of paramount importance.

The text of this one suggests an amateur attempt to get a virus on the PC in question.

Good old AVG email attachment scanner picked this one up.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
The spelling and grammar are indeed a give-away to those of us well versed in such matters, however, there are those amongst us who aren't .

From what I can glean from a Google search, this appears to be a relatively new scam, I am sure its only a matter of time someone will start farming out a gramatically correct version and some poor soul will fall for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
You are right to spread the word Linda. The Anti-Virus software brigade do a great job but they are always playing catch-up to the scam artists so even the most experienced computer users can get caught out with new worms and trojans.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back