Victron battery connector (1 Viewer)

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Has anyone fitted one of these

It seems like a combination of a battery to battery charger and a battery master but only if you don't have a smart alternator. At the price it seems too good to be true but it's not some unheard of make!

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
In answer to first questionNot fitted one of those
Sounds like a voltage controlled split charge relay. Lòoking at the kit (bottom of page) it looks no bigger than a relay.

OP
OP
The Wino
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
In answer to first questionNot fitted one of those
Sounds like a voltage controlled split charge relay. Lòoking at the kit (bottom of page) it looks no bigger than a relay.
Yes I thought that at first then when I read the rest it sounds like it would also divert from the hab battery to the vehicle one once the hab one is charged and charge the hab one from the alternator once the vehicle battery is charged.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
The Wino
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
in which case at the price it sounds too good to be true......or is it?
Reading the spec as apposed to the ad it does seem to be a microprocessor controlled relay sensing the voltage shift on both batteries to decide on current direction. It is not as sophisticated as a b2b for smart alternators and is about 2ce the cost of a conventional split charge relay and the cbe so price wise ok / in right ball park if you have nothing in place.
The 4 amp charge of cab utilises over production of solar in comparison to my votronics duo that only uses 1A to charge starter battery. (So far totally acceptable).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back