sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Of interest is the addition of an uprated Daily chassis, as active air is not available on the Merc or Eurocargo chassis. So Morelo now have an Empire at 8.12 tons on the Daily chassis, so you can have the VB active air, but other elements come into the equation as well. The weight of the Empire side glass was a restriction, a car garage was the same as was the slide out which they removed from the Daily chassis option list because of weight. So with 600kg added these all become viable and with active air! I have to say if I had known this it would have been a solution for me. Of course you need the C licence!

OP
OP
OurMoreloLife
Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
I have the Telma Retarder fitted to my Concorde and have to say it’s quite brilliant,5 settings and it strangely makes those long desents quite enjoyable not to mention much safer. Highly Recommended.
Thanks for the feedback Littlewheels ; I'm sure a retarder would be just as you have described and really feel that these larger MH's should have an augmented braking system as they run heavy most of the time compared to say a delivery van version which is likely not doing trips such as we all do. It drives me nuts when the white van man cuts in front of me when queuing in traffic thinking we're not very heavy and can stop like a car! (like yesterday in Holland). Even at low speed, these larger MH's still take some stopping.

I am currently exploring an exhaust brake system as the modern iterations seem right up there in performance and at a fraction of the cost (and agro) to fit a retarder. Especially beneficial for those pulling a heavy trailer too.

When I have some info to share, I'll post it here.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Of interest is the addition of an uprated Daily chassis, as active air is not available on the Merc or Eurocargo chassis. So Morelo now have an Empire at 8.12 tons on the Daily chassis, so you can have the VB active air, but other elements come into the equation as well. The weight of the Empire side glass was a restriction, a car garage was the same as was the slide out which they removed from the Daily chassis option list because of weight. So with 600kg added these all become viable and with active air! I have to say if I had known this it would have been a solution for me. Of course you need the C licence!
But you would have a chassis running right at or even beyond it's design limit which is not an option I would take lightly, as you need the licence anyway you surely have a better package now.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
But you would have a chassis running right at or even beyond it's design limit which is not an option I would take lightly, as you need the licence anyway you surely have a better package now.

Martin
Yes Martin, however the price differential would be huge I suspect? Or do you have the latest crib sheet to check?

OP
OP
OurMoreloLife
Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Yes Martin, however the price differential would be huge I suspect? Or do you have the latest crib sheet to check?

Martin
At least you have air brakes on your MB chassis which are not an option on the Daily so some augmentation for the braking is essential; especially on a heavier vehicle in my opinion (exhaust brake or retarder)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back