Vauxhall Movano. (1 Viewer)

Littleoldman

Free Member
May 27, 2019
Funster No
MH
Just looking
What’s the opinion on converting one of these? There’s one locally to me and it’s in good condition. I’m told their galvanised. It’s an 2014 plate L2 H3 2.3 with 77000 miles. Any reasons why I shouldn’t take a look at it? Cheers.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
What’s the opinion on converting one of these? There’s one locally to me and it’s in good condition. I’m told their galvanised. It’s an 2014 plate L2 H3 2.3 with 77000 miles. Any reasons why I shouldn’t take a look at it? Cheers.
They are not as big as you think, my lad did one without a bathroom, thought it would be ok, but soon got rid after a couple of trips.
Better with a master , similar to drive but just that bit more room .
I know people will know what's coming now:D2 but have you looked at an ambulance.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
L

Littleoldman

Free Member
May 27, 2019
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Thanks both, it’s true I haven’t seen much info on people converting them, will have a look at YouTube . Haven’t looked inside them either, it just appealed to me the idea of a galv body. It’s only 10min from me might take a look just for curiosity.

Deleted User
... Better with a master , similar to drive but just that bit more room ...
Not sure where you get that idea from as the Movano is just a Master with a different badge on it! If it's a galvanised body that the OP is after and are not particularly fussed which van you get, don't forget that the Ducato/Boxer/Relay (another set of badge engineered vans!) vans are also galvanised. I went for one of them (a Boxer) because the body is a bit wider and "squarer" inside which gives you a bit more room in the same length compared to the Master/Movano ;)

Deleted User
The Movano is the same as the Master and is great to drive. The difficulty with converting is the amount that the ribs protrude into the van and it makes it difficult to get a flat plane for walls etc. It is possible to fit a pull out bed behind the drivers seat and also fit a fridge, cooker, shower/toiler room and kitchen hob/sink but it is tight. The H3 version is the high roof and I don't know what the roof part is made of and may cause some problems with fixings etc.
The Boxer, Ducato, Relay vans give the impression they will be easier to convert and are a bit wider.

Paul van Zyl

Free Member
Aug 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer van co
Exp
about 2 years
Do you have to have an H3? That may be quite uncomfortable in high wind conditions. I am 1,75m and with an insulated floor and ceiling I can stand inside my Peugeot H2. I suspect it H3 will also use quite a bit more fuel.

OP
OP
L

Littleoldman

Free Member
May 27, 2019
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Hi Paul, I lost that particular van, From what I have found out about both the Renault Master and the Vauxhall Movano is that if you fit your bed side to side it comes out at about 5' 8" which is less that the DVLA ask for, but those that have done this have successfully changed the classification from a van to a motorhome. It depends more on the standard of the work on the inside of van. So at the moment I'm continuing to look at the Renault and the Vauxhall as well as the Fiat, Peugeot, and Citroen. And your right about the height, on another thread I asked about the non metal roof of the higher vans (L3,L4) and that opens a can of worms. My son who is 6'3" will have to bend a little if he borrows the van. Thank you for replying it's all helping me in my hunt for The Van.

Deleted User
... My son who is 6'3" will have to bend a little if he borrows the van ...
I'm 6'4" tall with an H2 van and I don't find it a problem ... you spend most of your time in the van sitting or lying down anyway!!

OP
OP
L

Littleoldman

Free Member
May 27, 2019
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Irishmick, good to know. Well providing I haven’t lost another van it looks like a Peugeot Boxer L3 H2. I think he’ll be just fine. Tough luck if he ain’t. Thanks, all the various replies have helped me focus on what van I really need. What a journey, and I won’t know if it’s over until Monday.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back