Vaping (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Wanderinggyp I think we have a misunderstanding, whether you smoke vape or inject I really dont give a jot. If you are convinced that it is doing you some good then that is great as long as I dont have to smoke as well. My preference is not to smoke, are you suggesting that is a crime on my part.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
as long as I dont have to smoke as well. My preference is not to smoke, are you suggesting that is a crime on my part.
I don't really mind what you inhale into your lungs, that's up to you but I'm with Buttons on this, whatever comes out of a cigarette or an e cigarette I don't want to inhale it. I don't care what you say about it not being harmful to my nasal passages, throat, lungs etc, I just don't want it in any of them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
I don't really mind what you inhale into your lungs, that's up to you but I'm with Buttons on this, whatever comes out of a cigarette or an e cigarette I don't want to inhale it. I don't care what you say about it not being harmful to my nasal passages, throat, lungs etc, I just don't want it in any of them.
Hope you wearing face mask in street then to stop inhaling all that carbon monoxide.

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
I saw an advert for marijuana flavoured liquid.

Peace man(y)

That's a bit of a worry as it will give the naysayers some ammunition to attack ecigs , unfortunately they will use it in their argument despite the fact that wacky backy is available just about everywhere and heres my argument on that , it comes from personal experience.
I was getting concerned about my teenage sons exposure to his friends smoking wacky backy , now my son is very athletic and absolutely hates cigarettes , so I asked him the following , how many of your friends who smoke weed smoke fags? he replied,all of them , I asked how many of them smoked fags before they smoked weed , he replied "about half of them" so I said to him, so if you start smoking weed , you will end up smoking fags , he thought about it and agreed with my observations , hes never smoked:D , the only good thing to come from my smoking is that all of my kids hate fags(y)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
That's a bit of a worry as it will give the naysayers some ammunition to attack ecigs , unfortunately they will use it in their argument despite the fact that wacky backy is available just about everywhere and heres my argument on that , it comes from personal experience.
I was getting concerned about my teenage sons exposure to his friends smoking wacky backy , now my son is very athletic and absolutely hates cigarettes , so I asked him the following , how many of your friends who smoke weed smoke fags? he replied,all of them , I asked how many of them smoked fags before they smoked weed , he replied "about half of them" so I said to him, so if you start smoking weed , you will end up smoking fags , he thought about it and agreed with my observations , hes never smoked:D , the only good thing to come from my smoking is that all of my kids hate fags(y)
Do you smoke indoors while sitting with them in the room.

bartiny

Free Member
May 23, 2010
Accrington, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008
how many of you have been able to get yourself off the "dreaded weed" with e- cigarettes? I have been a heavy smoker for 40 years. I've tried the patches, I've tried the tablets.
None worked but e-cgarettes seem to be working. Smoking is not just about nicotine its about the whole experience something in your hands...whatever...what I do believe is it is s probably the most effective way of stopping people smoking and probably more preferable than young people starting smoking. So why is Europe so intent on screwing thing up before they've had time to evaluate it.
http://article20legalchallenge.com/
Sorry I can't find a direct link to the new law

Might I respectfully bring to the attention of @Badknee @buttons @Adbt that the OP is asking for smokers/ex-smokers advice on their experience with using E cigs.

So why do you feel the need to turn a positive (trying to kick the fags) into a negative by writing your prejudiced opinions which were never asked for, and are not based on fact, just scaremongers crap.

If I am using my vaporizer in your vicinity and you do not like it tough titty, I do not give a rats arse what you think.

Nobody asked for your opinions on this as you are not using E cigs.

I will go by the latest study's/expert opinions, not the bile and crap of some non experts.

(y)

kelv

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2014
leicester
Funster No
MH
Carthago 145
Exp
E cigs worked for me have been of the cigs for nearly two years have just dropped the strength down to 0.6 and using e cig less and less
when using my e cig I try to respect non smokers/vapours air space as I do not wish to offend.
we all have bad habits of some kind or another lets just enjoy our motorhomes and live and let live.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
If I am using my vaporizer in your vicinity and you do not like it tough titty, I do not give a rats arse what you think.
You won't ever be in my vicinity, I'll make sure of that.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
If vaping is a proven way of stopping smoking, I believe the government should provide them free of charge. Funded by an extra tax on tobacco firms. It's seems only fair they (tobacco firms) should help people quit their addiction

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
If vaping is a proven way of stopping smoking, I believe the government should provide them free of charge. Funded by an extra tax on tobacco firms. It's seems only fair they (tobacco firms) should help people quit their addiction
I believe some Govt funded Health depts are already doing just that, providing e-cigs as their help to quit tool -free of charge.

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
To return to the original subject, I do have to report that I have discovered that I am one of the few that are allergic to PG, and have been suffering with a red rash on my face. I have now switched to 100% VG liquids and all seems okay so far. It's probably worth noting that I have never had allergies before...

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
They didn't work for me. They just made me cough.

I think I might have been doing something wrong.:D

Maybe if you'd stopped trying to light them Chris? :banghead: :madder: ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

It was probably the juice, not the vape, have bought some over the last 2 years, some have made me cough, one in particular made me lose my voice completely, but the wife was pleased. :whistle2:

Perseverance is the key and so much better than the alternative. Even if you throw a few away you are still quids in over the long run.

Hymie.

OP
OP
barsteward
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Certainly some interesting responses and I would say that overall its positive. My thoughts are, (and I and speak from a position of experience) it is without doubt the most effective method of stopping smoking I have ever used. It does work!!
It's a shame that some cannot see the long term benefit and be a little more tolerant after all they are just as guilty of releasing pollutants into the air as any smoker.

I have been looking into the different types and methods of vaping and on one of the forums there seems to be quite a lot of young people experimenting. They are using substances that are largely harmless for instance food grade flavourings and it just strikes me that if this alternative was not available would they be experimenting with Hard drugs? I don't know!

It would appear that the European Directive seeks to mahoganies and make the development so expensive as to kill it before it gets of the ground. We all know how once the European standard has to be met the cost doubles and trebles. I am not advocating no control or standards at all, but this is still a very young industry and maybe monitoring and testing would be a better way forward rather than the "Big Stick" approach.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
We are on the same page (y)
No we are not, not even in the same book. My book contains friends respectful for my and others feelings, it's obvious you don't have respect for others.

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
If you want heart problems - Liver problems - breathing problems - unable to walk a few yards- would like to carry an air bottle to help you breath and shorten your life by years

Keep smoking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

colyboy

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
If you want heart problems - Liver problems - breathing problems - unable to walk a few yards- would like to carry an air bottle to help you breath and shorten your life by years

colyboy

Another happy soul:D

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Chris. I speak from experience , having seen my sister go a very fit and fun living women, to now a wreck.

colyboy

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986

colyboy
That's why we've given up smoking and now vaping

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back