hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
hoping the knowledgeable people on this forum can offer some easily understood advice. I have just got a new Samsung phone the charging cable of which is a usb c. I have purchased a 13amp usb c charging plug which i will use at home. In the van we have a number of usb ports which we use for a variety of stuff including, previously, my old phone. We do have an Ecoflow Delta River 2 power bank which does have a usb c socket - so i could use that. I could get a spare 13amp charger for use in the power points when we are on EHU. But I notice that you can get both 12v to usb c adaptors and ordinary usb to usb c adaptors. Has anyone used these in their vans? Am I likely to damage the phone, or just charge it slower? At home we have usb ports in many of our power points so I have to decide what to do about those as well.
Any help gratefully received. I have read a bit on google, but the articles usually loose me after the first sentence. I dont care what the difference is, or that I can use a use c which ever way up I choose!

Aug 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Wildax
Exp
~20 years
The phone will just charge slower if you use an ordinary (USB A) outlet.

Indeed, the phone battery will give you more charge cycles if you charge it slowly - I even turn off fast charging in my phone settings.

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
you ideally need to look for a plug in qc3 or above. plug this into any 12v socket and use a good usb c cable. This charges super fast

Upvote 0
Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
I charge my phone in the motorhome from an ordinary 12v "cigar lighter" adapter with a usb socket. Then use an USB A to usb C cable to charge my usb C phone. No problems.
+1

I also bought two of these at Screwfix, just the 'faceplate' part and replaced two standard fittings for when on EHU.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back