Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
We've just up plated from 3500 to 3700 and now my husband may have to have a pacemaker....can he still drive the MH....he passed his test many moons ago and has C1.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
It depends as to why he's having it fitted and you might have to be a bit careful how you fill the form in, but Yes, it's DVLC notifiable and for insurance etc but they're not really interested, no restrictions and no loading, may be a small extra premium on travel insurance

Dartagnan

Free Member
Mar 27, 2013
Bangor NI
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Your consultant should be able to correctly advise you.
When I had a stroke I was told I had to notify dvla nd that I would not be allowed to drive for six months. A little while ago I had a cancerous tumour removed. On that occasion I was told I shouldn't drive for 6 weeks purely on physical grounds but it was not necessary to notify dvla. They will know the exact and legal answer to your question.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
contact your doctor and consultant that the best road to go down
bill

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
We have a guy driving a 7.5ton who is 83, he had a triple bypass 10 years ago and only had a year off driving. Good luck , I'm sure he'll be okay.
Mickey.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Please if you don't know don't give advice......

Pacemakers and driving
You can be fined up to £1,000 if you don’t tell DVLA about a medical condition or treatment that affects your driving. You may be prosecuted if you’re involved in an accident as a result.

Car or motorcycle licence
You must tell DVLA if you have been fitted with a pacemaker.

This does not mean you cannot drive, in almost every case you cannot drive for between 2 - 4 weeks, and you need to download and send the form available from the DVLA here https://www.gov.uk/pacemakers-and-driving
my consultant had no problem advising me about the form, there are questions that are specific to individual about reasons for fitting

OP
OP
Pia

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
Please if you don't know don't give advice......

Pacemakers and driving
You can be fined up to £1,000 if you don’t tell DVLA about a medical condition or treatment that affects your driving. You may be prosecuted if you’re involved in an accident as a result.

Car or motorcycle licence
You must tell DVLA if you have been fitted with a pacemaker.

This does not mean you cannot drive, in almost every case you cannot drive for between 2 - 4 weeks, and you need to download and send the form available from the DVLA here https://www.gov.uk/pacemakers-and-driving
my consultant had no problem advising me about the form, there are questions that are specific to individual about reasons for fitting
@dabhand thank you so much for your very helpful information...we would always follow the rules pertaining to health...don't worry about that..it would be grossly irresponsible not to. At the moment the pace maker is being discussed as yet to be confirmed.

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
And more importantly, if he does have a pacemaker fitted, I hope it all goes well. There are not many things more important that being able to drive a motorhome but health is definitely one of them.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back