Urgent Help Needed Alde Heating Near Almeria Spain (1 Viewer)

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
So just arrived in an aire in almeria spain and the alde heating wouldn’t come on. Has a sort of hissing or girgling noise coming from boiler. Checked header tank but that looked empty. So filled that with some more fluid from the 1l i was given from aldeuk in March but it’s not filling up. There is a leak somewhere as my garage is now full of fluid. So according to alde website nearest engineer is benidorm or valencia. Anyone know of anyone near Almeria/Nijar that can take a look and possibly fix?
thanks in advance

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Hope it is just a loose hose, can’t help with local support but very best of luck ?
Checked the hoses i could see but they look ok.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Does it seem to be leaking on the radiator circuit?? We have a couple of isolating valves on our radiator run---- can you see any??----- it could be a small rubber section of pipe leaking??
Is you fluid diluted?? Should it be??---- you will need a bit to fill the system when you fix the leak--- better to use straight distilled water until you sort the leak.
Check around your system some more and come back to us-------

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Sorry to read about your problems. You could try this place. They have a big workshop and stock plenty if spare parts.
www.caravanassangar.com

P.s they speak very good English.
Will call them tomorrow, thanks for the link.

Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
Parque Industrial El Real, Calle el Garcel, F14, 04628 Antas, Almería, Spain

https://hispavan.com/en/

These folks may not be too far from you, it's near Mojacar. They have a tip top English mechanic there who really knows his stuff....well worth a phone call.
+1 For Hispavan. Well worth a call - Half the staff are English and are very helpful.

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Parque Industrial El Real, Calle el Garcel, F14, 04628 Antas, Almería, Spain

https://hispavan.com/en/

These folks may not be too far from you, it's near Mojacar. They have a tip top English mechanic there who really knows his stuff....well worth a phone call.
Thanks there closer so will them first, appreciate the help, first time in the Motorhome with no heating and it’s bloody cold.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Zac, I think you're going to have to go on hotel holidays, you don't have much luck with motorhomes!

I was also going to suggest Hispavan. Not had personal experience of them but have heard good reports.

Good luck. I hope it's an easy fix.

Love to Salli.

H

Hagstrom

Deleted User
We had a heating fluid leak in our van too. It's a 2010 Frankia with an Alde 3009 gas/electric water and CH heating system.
The fluid was accumulating directly below a wire clip which had not been replaced properly and was weeping. The clips are used to join rubber tube bends/T-pieces to solid alloy heating fluid tubes. I guess that a split tube is not out of the question but it's the same technology as used in car radiator and heater circuits and it's fairly robust.
If you can find the source of the leak and you have good access it's fairly straightforward to fix. (If, for any remote reason, you find your Alde circuit board has gone, I have a spare new one with me and we're at the Totana Camperstop, just north of Lorca.)

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
We had a heating fluid leak in our van too. It's a 2010 Frankia with an Alde 3009 gas/electric water and CH heating system.
The fluid was accumulating directly below a wire clip which had not been replaced properly and was weeping. The clips are used to join rubber tube bends/T-pieces to solid alloy heating fluid tubes. I guess that a split tube is not out of the question but it's the same technology as used in car radiator and heater circuits and it's fairly robust.
If you can find the source of the leak and you have good access it's fairly straightforward to fix. (If, for any remote reason, you find your Alde circuit board has gone, I have a spare new one with me and we're at the Totana Camperstop, just north of Lorca.)
Just at hispavannow but they are fully booked. Just waiting to see what they can if any. Will know more in a moment. Fingers crossed

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Zac, I think you're going to have to go on hotel holidays, you don't have much luck with motorhomes!

I was also going to suggest Hispavan. Not had personal experience of them but have heard good reports.

Good luck. I hope it's an easy fix.

Love to Salli.
Zac. Martin says PM Hagstrom Norman has just had some problems with his Alde system and know the ins and outs now!

found the leak, it just has to be in the most awkward position there is. Right between the toilet and the side of the bed with no access from above.One of the pipes has been rubbing against a water pipe and clip and it has gone straight through as per pic. The people at Hispavan have been amazing and very accommodating. They are just cutting it now and rejoining. Can’t praise them enough and of course this forum for the information.

Attachments

• C4778A1D-1989-424C-BFD3-C7CCA3FE6453.jpeg
    C4778A1D-1989-424C-BFD3-C7CCA3FE6453.jpeg
    63.5 KB · Views: 114
  • 5041FA29-FE98-430F-BD8F-DFC7E21EF179.jpeg
    5041FA29-FE98-430F-BD8F-DFC7E21EF179.jpeg
    141.5 KB · Views: 114

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
found the leak, it just has to be in the most awkward position there is. Right between the toilet and the side of the bed with no access from above.One of the pipes has been rubbing against a water pipe and clip and it has gone straight through as per pic. The people at Hispavan have been amazing and very accommodating. They are just cutting it now and rejoining. Can’t praise them enough and of course this forum for the information.

So glad you're sorted. Have a good trip and a lovely Christmas.

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
So glad you're sorted. Have a good trip and a lovely Christmas.
Thanks, that was a little stressful as wasn’t sure we could find Someone to look at it so quickly. Took them over 7 hours as once the leak was sorted the boiler then wouldn’t ignite. Some sort of safety mechanism or something. Then a nightmare to bleed all the radiators. They don’t make these things accessible. I know alde use a tool to do it but when you don’t have one and need access to all the bleed points it’s a nightmare. Can’t praise Stuart at hispavan enough. Would definitely recommend, very friendly.
merry Xmas to you both as well and of course new year.

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I hope you crossed his palm with plenty of notes for pulling that out of the bag for you..
Excellent service IMO..
I did give him a tip as well worth it in my opinion and saved my holiday which would cost a lot more. Can’t praise them enough.

Jun 15, 2016
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Auto-Sleeper Burford
Exp
Since early 2014
Thanks, that was a little stressful as wasn’t sure we could find Someone to look at it so quickly. Took them over 7 hours as once the leak was sorted the boiler then wouldn’t ignite. Some sort of safety mechanism or something. Then a nightmare to bleed all the radiators. They don’t make these things accessible. I know alde use a tool to do it but when you don’t have one and need access to all the bleed points it’s a nightmare. Can’t praise Stuart at hispavan enough. Would definitely recommend, very friendly.
merry Xmas to you both as well and of course new year.

I'm happy they sorted you out like they did me....very pleasant and helpful people! I bought him a big drink when he took two hours out of his busy day and fixed my engine light issue 1700 miles from home!! :)

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
They also do inside storage for your Moho and can provide ehu as well , great if you need to fly home.

Reactions: zac
OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Still Got a slight issue which i am sure will be minimal. Heating keeps going on and off, checked header tank and it was not registering any fluid so i filled up with about 750ml just between min and max. Started back up but this time turned off elec and just ran on gas but still keeps going off and on. Only risen 3 degrees in 3 hours so will pop back just to get them to check valves again as i think there might be air still in the system as radiator making a noise also. Also the header tank now is above the max so i am assuming def air in there still. Hopefully this visit will be quite quick.

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Are you not able to open any of the bleed valves? The highest (and most accessible) bleed valve in ours is on the radiator in the shower room.

Ian

H

Hagstrom

Deleted User
I seem to recall a similar situation and just had to keep opening the bleed nipples until the system was purged of air before the system began working normally again.

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Are you not able to open any of the bleed valves? The highest (and most accessible) bleed valve in ours is on the radiator in the shower room.

Ian
I seem to recall a similar situation and just had to keep opening the bleed nipples until the system was purged of air before the system began working normally again.

i can now i know which order they need to be done in. Also the system needed resetting at the boiler as once low fluid it seems to stop working. Been show how to do that now as well. On top of that whilst in the showroom someone reversed into the Motorhome then tried to say it was nothing and implied the cracks and marks were there before. Luckily my wife was still in the Motorhome and one is the mechanics witnessed it. Police cane and it’s his fault of course as i was stationary.
not a lot of damage but going to need filling and spraying when we get back.

Attachments

• E05FEBD7-211D-4EA2-83B8-BA581DF8F049.jpeg
    E05FEBD7-211D-4EA2-83B8-BA581DF8F049.jpeg
    106.7 KB · Views: 42
  • A98A9C73-EDA3-4A62-9E4A-7341F7E63956.jpeg
    A98A9C73-EDA3-4A62-9E4A-7341F7E63956.jpeg
    32.1 KB · Views: 44

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
i can now i know which order they need to be done in. Also the system needed resetting at the boiler as once low fluid it seems to stop working. Been show how to do that now as well. On top of that whilst in the showroom someone reversed into the Motorhome then tried to say it was nothing and implied the cracks and marks were there before. Luckily my wife was still in the Motorhome and one is the mechanics witnessed it. Police cane and it’s his fault of course as i was stationary.
not a lot of damage but going to need filling and spraying when we get back.
What a pain.
Don't have it filled and sprayed get the job done properly with Gel Coat.

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Oh dear. Feel for you but glad you’ve got witness backup.

Ian

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
What a pain.
Don't have it filled and sprayed get the job done properly with Gel Coat.
Forgive my ignorance but what’s the procedure for the gelcoating?

Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
Forgive my ignorance but what’s the procedure for the gelcoating?
basically glass matt and brush on goo :D
but the actual topcoat is a 2 pack polyester mix I think.
I'm not sure you can just paint that over the cracks. it probably needs glass fibre matt first for structural support, then the top (gel) coat to seal it
but then if this is going through insurance, won't they just put a whole new rear cover on?

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back