Urgent Help Needed Alde Heating Near Almeria Spain (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
basically glass matt and brush on goo :D
but the actual topcoat is a 2 pack polyester mix I think.
I'm not sure you can just paint that over the cracks. it probably needs glass fibre matt first for structural support, then the top (gel) coat to seal it
but then if this is going through insurance, won't they just put a whole new rear cover on?
It will be going through insurance once i am back, i just don’t want to be fobbed off with fill and spray if you know what i mean.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Forgive my ignorance but what’s the procedure for the gelcoating?
Forgive my ignorance but what’s the procedure for the gelcoating?
If just small areas and the GRP is intact a colour matched Gel Coat filler can be used and the two-pack gel coat is applied and then for small areas a flim or tape smoothed down over it and when dry the film is removed and if required sanded with a very fine wet & dry like 3000 grade then a final buffing & polishing.

Larger areas of damage would need the GRP repairing & then finish similarly with gel coat.

• Informative
Reactions: zac

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
It will be going through insurance once i am back, i just don’t want to be fobbed off with fill and spray if you know what i mean.
Don't take it to a body shop get a boat repairer to do a proper job, I can give you the info on a really good guy near Chichester.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

• Informative
Reactions: zac
OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Don't take it to a body shop get a boat repairer to do a proper job, I can give you the info on a really good guy near Chichester.
That will be good, that’s only a couple of hours away so may prove to be ideal. Thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back