Free Member
Jul 18, 2012
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7096+
Exp
fulltiming since 2003
For all 7090 owners or alike re layouts ... previously posted on " what have ya done to yre van today "
Thought ya may be interested in , what I would like to say , improvements . But mainly for me , personally ... but, may give some ideas of what can be done to possibly improve living areas / upgrade / update...
My van is a 7096 + ...
So .... pics of the enhanced galley & washroom ... The upgrades are obvious ....

Attachments

• 20180101_094334.jpg
    20180101_094334.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 108
OP
OP
Musicboy

Musicboy

Free Member
Jul 18, 2012
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7096+
Exp
fulltiming since 2003
Whilst doing the galley I decided to remove the cooker ... very rarely use it ...Now .... !!! To get the wood perfect for the door etc I had to remove the wardrobe door & use that ( cut to appropriate size) for the now storage door & the long door where the boiler is ....
Benefits ..... !!! Lots of storage where the cooker was & easy access to the boiler . .. . Negatives ...no oven ... ummmm . Standby ...? !!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• 20180101_094815.jpg
    20180101_094815.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 65
OP
OP
Musicboy

Musicboy

Free Member
Jul 18, 2012
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7096+
Exp
fulltiming since 2003
So ... microwave in the tv cupboard ... ..YUP .Removed shelf etc & postioned the tv under the cabinets in lounge off side window ... Had to run all cables ...socket etc ... but works well .... & permanent fix , so ok for on the road ....
Microwave is fiitted on the base so no movement plus a tie down strap ... Ok ventilated too with the drop down mirror ...
No moisture present having used it a lot ...
Just in case ya wondering .... I have fitted an outside aeriel connection . Standard stuff but I sprayed it silver to adhere to van colour .... That connects to tv via a booster ... & all cables are neat & tidy ...... in the cupboard .....240 cable for tv power along & through the cabinet .... ie ... behind control panel to double socket in tv cupboard to power microwave as well .... Phew ...

OP
OP
Musicboy

Musicboy

Free Member
Jul 18, 2012
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7096+
Exp
fulltiming since 2003
Now that the wardrobe door had been canabalised ... I looked at the washroom door ... Always pain . Getting in the way from shower to washroom & appears to me, to open the wrong way..
I took it off ... !!! ... Replaced the wardrobe door & Washroom door with sliders (c/o MAGNUMS Grimsby ) . Just consider the weight gained .... See pic

Attachments

• 20180101_094554.jpg
    20180101_094554.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 56
OP
OP
Musicboy

Musicboy

Free Member
Jul 18, 2012
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7096+
Exp
fulltiming since 2003
Also fitted a made to measure mirror on that 'blank' facia .. wall angled , bit of panel from fridge ....to step up ....to washroom ... bunk ... . Enhances the van considerably ...Also the 6 x 3" mirror slats fitted on the bulkhead over the galley work top.. Nice ... I thought ...

Attachments

• 20180101_094847.jpg
    20180101_094847.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 41
OP
OP
Musicboy

Musicboy

Free Member
Jul 18, 2012
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7096+
Exp
fulltiming since 2003
So .... I thinks ... ??? I've enhanced the vsn to my personal preferences as being full timer .... I hope ....
oh ... forgot to mention .... Doh !!!! . I've had this van for two years....June .. as down sized from Big Burstner Tag .... It was easy ... ha .... !!!
Anyways ... the first thing I did was to get shot of the massive table ....Blimey ... I just couldn't move anywhere ... Well ... That had to go .... Sold on e bay .... I now have a moveable .... not fixed ... Sort of .bistro table ...WOW !!! IT'S GREAT ... very heavy base ... chrome .... black top to match galley work top .... & ... it's height adjustable .... & the table top . Swivels ...!!!! Thankyou Argos ... Yeah ok ... it's not going to do for a Sunday lunch for four but Hey ... ok for me & my companion ...
Oh ... I replaced all the carpets in the van too .... Nice ...

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
That looks great, thanks for sharing.

Our table is also big and awkward and we are trying out various solutions, none of which are (as yet) perfect!

OP
OP
Musicboy

Musicboy

Free Member
Jul 18, 2012
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7096+
Exp
fulltiming since 2003
Won't bore ya with some other stuff but during my upgrades of re routing heating vents ........inspection hatch ( on deck to rear step up to bunk area to view water feed pipes etc ) Extra vents to garage from steps under bunk ... to increase flow of ventilation .... Extra mains & 12 volt sockets ...
Replacing sure flo pump to submersible ...
Removing extractor fan unit above galley ......
Spare wheel in garage ...
Removing wooden housing panels around fresh water tank in garage ( so I can see whats going on ) .
Removed the wooden bed sprung slats on alloy frame on bunk ... (that kit was megga heavy ) & I don't feel any difference in sleep comfort whatsoever . Sales pro mo I reckon .. Don't use them at home !!!!?
Opps ... sorry I've gone on a bit ....
I'll send more updates re pics of garage layout .....another solar panel fitted but not wired on , as yet .... to provide 250w solar ...
I've also removed the water tan for maintainance ! .... Also the grey tank too as re touted the waste pipes for the shower ...galley sink ! Washroom ....
Look fwd to yre comments ...
Sorry ... meant to say .... Having really ripped into this van ... It's really well put together ... Quality stuff ... & most aspects ... over engineered ...

OP
OP
Musicboy

Musicboy

Free Member
Jul 18, 2012
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7096+
Exp
fulltiming since 2003
Puddleduck .... Just looked at the fixings on my circular top , which is 21" diameter .... ok for me ....ya could easily place larger diameter table or square using the same base ...
I think ??? Argox do a larger top ... Also available on line & cheaper via Amazon .... If may suit you ??? .
On the road/ travelling ... I reckon be ok with the heavy be plate but one ill prob secure with a tie down .... . Cheers

OP
OP
Musicboy

Musicboy

Free Member
Jul 18, 2012
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7096+
Exp
fulltiming since 2003
Plus .!!! . Having moveable tables great .. ie not fixed ... could always use it outside too ... Sorted ....

OP
OP
Musicboy

Musicboy

Free Member
Jul 18, 2012
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7096+
Exp
fulltiming since 2003
Has anyone changed the front springs to heavy duty / raisers , on a Fiat a ducato with 3 litre engine. .. I want to limit the nose down on the van .
Enqs reveal a better ride also .. Grateful for any experiences ...
Several companies can do the job , but nearest to me at the momment is Conrad Anderson ... Birmingham ... Apparently have fitted loads as an issue with the heavy 3 litre lump ...
Thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back