Up the river without a paddle (1 Viewer)

Apr 24, 2021
Sleaford, UK
Funster No
MH
Low profile coachbui
Exp
Since 2019
Earlier this year we made the decision to change our 18mth old Bailey for a new Swift 674, delivery early July which fitted our planned holidays which included a couple of Warner’s show weekends and a ferry xing to the Isle of Wight, our first shakedown weekend booked for 10th July had to be cancelled due to a holdup in production, in the meantime we had sold the Bailey to a dealer desperate for stock and got substantially more than our preferred dealer was offering on a new exchange!!!
We’ll now we’ve had to cancel everything booked for August as delivery is now expected end of August / early September
Factory are unable to access many of the components required to complete the build due to Brexit customs issues and staff shortages due to high Covid isolation in the factory area
There are apparently some 70 - 80 part finished units stood at the factory on hold
Never saw this coming, can’t get anything elsewhere as no stock available, can’t hire anything as all booked up
Oh well it’ll save me some money for when we do finally get back on the road
I’m not looking for sympathy just thought I’d let everyone know the dire situation

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
It's about time they got their finger out with deliveries. We get stuff delivered from every other part of the world no problem.

Happy Jim

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 13, 2017
Devon
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9095DF
Exp
Since June 2017
It's about time they got their finger out with deliveries. We get stuff delivered from every other part of the world no problem.
Got any chips handy? Cisco are now quoting 2-12 month delays on certain boxes due to chip shortages, others are following. Don’t think it’s Armageddon but things globally have taken a bit of a hit with lots of unforeseen knock on consequences sadly (not just in the tech world).

Jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Got any chips handy? Cisco are now quoting 2-12 month delays on certain boxes due to chip shortages, others are following. Don’t think it’s Armageddon but things globally have taken a bit of a hit with lots of unforeseen knock on consequences sadly (not just in the tech world).

Jim
Probably Covid rather than Brexit then 🤔

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Earlier this year we made the decision to change our 18mth old Bailey for a new Swift 674, delivery early July which fitted our planned holidays which included a couple of Warner’s show weekends and a ferry xing to the Isle of Wight, our first shakedown weekend booked for 10th July had to be cancelled due to a holdup in production, in the meantime we had sold the Bailey to a dealer desperate for stock and got substantially more than our preferred dealer was offering on a new exchange!!!
We’ll now we’ve had to cancel everything booked for August as delivery is now expected end of August / early September
Factory are unable to access many of the components required to complete the build due to Brexit customs issues and staff shortages due to high Covid isolation in the factory area
There are apparently some 70 - 80 part finished units stood at the factory on hold
Never saw this coming, can’t get anything elsewhere as no stock available, can’t hire anything as all booked up
Oh well it’ll save me some money for when we do finally get back on the road
I’m not looking for sympathy just thought I’d let everyone know the dire situation
Should have bought it from Amazon prime, get it next day then. :LOL:

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
It might be worth giving these folk a call........

Shit creek paddle stores.jpg

;)

(Sorry).

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
Thought about that but didn’t fancy the courier chucking it over the gate like normal deliveries 😂
Been even worse if they had put it in the wheelie bin :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back