Unexpected pause to the trip (1 Viewer)

Jul 24, 2010
Planet Earth (I think)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
not long enough
Week seven of a wander, arrived in Spain from France Yesterday afternoon and the van decided to throw a tantrum. Now sitting in the guest area of a very nice garage waiting for the part, which arrived from Madrid this morning, to be fitted.
At least I have Wifi here. My three 12gb 12 month data SIM card stopped working after a few days and a few minutes use. Never had problems with them before. I have tried the card in different devices but no service. Now catching up with MHF and Mail.
Met a few funsters in the last few weeks but have seen very few Brit vans around, and almost none on aires. Where are you all??
We are mainly using aires, which I love, and some lovely little camp sites too. Isnt it great to have the choice?
No particular destination at the moment but I will have a look at my rough guide to Spain for things of interest and we will head down the middle of the country for a couple of weeks.
Just hoping that the van, great ol girl that she is, behaves now she’s had a bit of pampering!

Lorraine x

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Oh the joys of an older van. Enjoy the rest of your meanderings. (y)

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
I hope your vehicle problems are sorted quickly so you can resume your trip. :)

Its strange when you don't see any fellow countrymen isn't it? We were in Germany for six weeks and never saw another British vehicle or met another British person (except at a pre-planned event). We thought we'd found one when we spotted a car with UK registration plate parked next to their tent. Went over to say hello, only to find they were Polish! :D

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
This is for your van: -
Get well soon.jpg
Hope it won't be too long before you are back on the road!

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Hope it gets fixed quickly. You are right, we hardly ever see funsters on our travels except for a few favourite places like Mallerai sur Seine and organised meets.
Phil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi Lorraine, @whingyraindrop

Sorry to read of your problems.
The last time we were abroad our Three Sim stopped and it was telling me I needed to top up which I knew wasn't right.
As we were on the last couple of nights when it happened, I wasn't too bothered and made do.
When I got back I contacted Three was got it straightened out.

I recall one of the things their Techie said at the time.

He said,"It's better to contact us at the time of the problem." So, with that in mind, their phone No. for when you're away is;

+44 7782333500

Regards

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
I have traveled all the way across top of Germany , out to Warsaw
and back thru southern Germany and didnt see another Brit MoHo untill on road into Calais . I think the vast majority must never venture over the Channel . But it seems at the moment here every
2nd vehicle is a MoHo or caravan !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back