MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
guess where we are?

opposite your favourite pitch, we’re facing the marina

tiz pretty full here, but we got a front row position

View attachment 533140
Put a towel out on a sun lounger and reserve a decent spot for us please Robert.
After our rather slow amble down through France we should get there in about a week to ten days. :cool: :giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Put a towel out on a sun lounger and reserve a decent spot for us please Robert.
After our rather slow amble down through France we should get there in about a week to ten days. :cool: :giggle:
Sadly we’re leaving on Monday
Heading towards Provence to avoid the stormy weather
Take your time getting here, the camper stop is now totally jam packed

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Sadly we’re leaving on Monday
Heading towards Provence to avoid the stormy weather
Take your time getting here, the camper stop is now totally jam packed
Thanks.
Even more reason not to rush.
I hear that it’s very humid and stormy down there so I’ll be watching the weather apps and move accordingly.

Richard.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Gruissan sunset

9117655A-9FF2-4804-955E-02B1559E7133.jpeg

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Morning update from the Seine.
Very misty this morning after a thunderstorm last evening.
I had just finished with the BBQ when light rain started. A quick flurry of activity as we closed all the roof vents that were wide open before the flash bangs started.
Now the sky is bright blue and the sun is cutting through the mist and it looks like being a hot one again.
We are staying here today as there is F1 this afternoon and it looks like being a cracker……..don’t want to miss it. Will Max and Lewis make through the first corner? :Eeek:
Have a lovely day everyone. (y)

Photo taken a moment ago…….

18651081-8959-4BC2-8695-1758D8389264.jpeg

Richard.

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
They weren’t there the last time we rode round there together but we have seen them in previous years.
We've also seen them right in front of the aire, but only in winter.
Always nice to see them, so exotic looking.

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
We left our perch on the bank of the Seine this morning and have headed south and are now pretty much dead centre of France at Sancoins.
'Tis a tad warm at 34°C but we won’t complain as we’ve been moaning about the grey and chilly U.K. for weeks.
Quite a long drive as we tend to do shorter hops from place to place these days.
We cut out the slow and ‘Micky Mouse' bits by using the peage for some longer stretches, just don’t tell Lenny HB , he’ll have a fit. :rofl:
It did make a nice easy drive though at a decent average speed.
I think we’re going to chill (in this heat???) for a couple of days before moving further south.

I'm sure some of you will recognise this view from the free aire. ( Do I get some brownie points back now Lenny?)

5EA77FAE-D9B3-470B-AE39-6F5F9FCC12D7.jpeg

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
If you are lucky like wot we wer, you might catch Gruissan on its carnival weekend, always sometime in September. You’ll have to be early for a crowded aire pitch though, port or plage, great fun. Jealous ? Just a bit.
Phil

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
If you are lucky like wot we wer, you might catch Gruissan on its carnival weekend, always sometime in September. You’ll have to be early for a crowded aire pitch though, port or plage, great fun. Jealous ? Just a bit.
Phil
Don’t remember a carnival in the last few years and we are usually there for a chunk of September.
Just had a look on the local tourism site and nothing mentioned. :(

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Hello Gerry!

No, I have no campsite but any funster is very welcome at my place. I'm the warden of a private stadium, and it is quite easy to park here . Of course, I'm working, and so I'm not there to entertain anyone, but quite happy to chat when work is over. It's all free of charge...so no worry , and no need for apologies! I live next to Toulouse , BALMA is the name of my little town. Any time you want to call in , just send me a PM and I'll give you my details.

Amicalement

Frankie ;)
We'll be in touch when we make it to France again! Tried to get a site sorted in the Toulouse area in November 2019 [pre motorhome!] but failed miserably! Frankie, you have unlocked the barrier!

Amicalement

Steve & Elaine

Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
Easy journey with Eurotunnel, dogs passport accepted , no stamp, definitely better than my passport. Stopped for supplies and then onto Ypres, walked up to hear the Last Post, very poignant. Heading for Luxembourg tomorrow, hate rushing but we are counting our days. Looking forward to Croatia x

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Don’t remember a carnival in the last few years and we are usually there for a chunk of September.
Just had a look on the local tourism site and nothing mentioned. :(
Last time we were there was 10 years ago ish. The town was packed, Saturday night was a nine piece funkadelic band, Sunday night was a Cajun occitania band, both great in there way and you bought a glass for 1€ and every drink was 1€. Maybe it wasn’t a carnival but some other special occasion. Brilliant.
We were just lucky I guess.
Happy travels. Phil

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Looks fabulous. Keep the updates and photos coming and hope all of you who away at present have a brilliant holiday!

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Morning update from the Canal du Berry.
Yet another hot and sunny day and we are staying on our peaceful canal bank.
BBQ supper again last night, we’ve had more BBQ's in the last few days than we had over the whole summer??? at home.
Weather forecast is not great from this evening, could be a noisy night.
If anyone is down near Carcassonne area they are forecasting very heavy rain and storms with possibly flash floods over the next 24-36 hours…..beware!

Chairs are out, awning is out and I might have to fit the Thule sunblocker again to keep things cooler. What a hard life. :cool:

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Morning update from the Canal du Berry.
Yet another hot and sunny day and we are staying on our peaceful canal bank.
BBQ supper again last night, we’ve had more BBQ's in the last few days than we had over the whole summer??? at home.
Weather forecast is not great from this evening, could be a noisy night.
If anyone is down near Carcassonne area they are forecasting very heavy rain and storms with possibly flash floods over the next 24-36 hours…..beware!

Chairs are out, awning is out and I might have to fit the Thule sunblocker again to keep things cooler. What a hard life. :cool:
Have you got Angles Morts stickers on your van Richard ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back