Under the sea and far away. (1 Viewer)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Funny you should ask that as just a moment ago we had commented that the RV wasn’t here.
It was here 18 months age when we were last here but now gone.
Was there when we were the other week
Maybe moved on the follow the sun ?

Oct 9, 2017
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
2007 Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2005
Finally, after over a week away we’ve made it to Gruissan. :france:🌞
The aire is quite full so we weren’t able to get a 'prime' sea view pitch but we will be ready and in our starting blocks when someone leaves in the morning.
Arrived to sun with a little light high cloud but just had a short shower while having a late lunch.
25°C outside so lovely and warm. Might stay for a while.
Told Anne where you and Kate were. She said 😭.
David.
ps. Nothing to report as yet.

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
The aire is quite full so we weren’t able to get a 'prime' sea view pitch but we will be ready and in our starting blocks when someone leaves in the morning.
Just drinking our second coffee of the morning and I spy a moho leaving from the corner of the aire, our favourite corner.
A quick walk over and sure enough there’s a big space right where we like to be.
Gulp the remains of our coffee down and we are on the move before anyone else bags the place.
Now tucked up in our favourite corner with a view of the water and boats coming past.
We might be here for a while. :cool:

A little high and patchy cloud this morning but it’s lovely and warm with a light breeze coming off the sea…….lovely. (y)

View from the door:-

D641A595-4EC6-4DE1-871F-A6E38EE25DD2.jpeg

Richard.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 10, 2013
worcester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
Richard I also have the stickers that shall not be named tucked away in a locker, we have only seen a few German vans with the stickers in place. Still undecided whether to apply them or not.
James (marpool)

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Richard I also have the stickers that shall not be named tucked away in a locker, we have only seen a few German vans with the stickers in place. Still undecided whether to apply them or not.
James (marpool)
Lots of larger French vans have them fitted plus a few German and Dutch.
As we have no intention to go into city or large town centres they will remain hidden in their plain brown envelope.

Richard.

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Lots of larger French vans have them fitted plus a few German and Dutch.
As we have no intention to go into city or large town centres they will remain hidden in their plain brown envelope.

Richard.

I don't suppose you have seen any for sale in supermarkets?
We leave for France next week end and have left it abit late to get any.

I will be like you and have them stashed away just in case!

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
I don't suppose you have seen any for sale in supermarkets?
We leave for France next week end and have left it abit late to get any.

I will be like you and have them stashed away just in case!
I printed mine on my home printer using A4 photo paper and then trimmed them to size and laminated them.
Mind you, I had all the materials already.

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Plenty on Amazon, got ours the next day for a few quid. 👍

Yes but delivery will be after we have left for the tunnel, my fault for leaving it to late. Was just wondering if french supermarkets sell them.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Yes but delivery will be after we have left for the tunnel, my fault for leaving it to late. Was just wondering if french supermarkets sell them.
Think you’re more likely to find them in petrol stations

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Halfords don't seem to have any Angles Morts stickers; but, the good news is that they have at least 6 different types of the Sarkozy era French breathalyser kits ... :LOL:

Steve

Last edited:
OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Good morning all from another lovely day beside the Med.
Had a little bimble around the marina on my bike to get croissants and a baguette earlier. All very quiet with a few people sitting in bars drinking their morning coffee and a flea market in one of the car parks.
It's already 29°C so the awning is out soon to be followed by the chairs.
Could be a good day to be doing very little. :cool:

8911ACD2-4146-4326-A2DA-F7C3D790890A.jpeg

Richard.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Quick question about the angles morts stickers … we have a PVC that’s upgraded to 3850kg. There’s not much space at the back and the rear one will be hidden by bikes - it’s not allowed to be higher than 2.1m under any circumstances - did you see what other vans with bikes did?

Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
Quick question about the angles morts stickers … we have a PVC that’s upgraded to 3850kg. There’s not much space at the back and the rear one will be hidden by bikes - it’s not allowed to be higher than 2.1m under any circumstances - did you see what other vans with bikes did?
No idea but, you have given me one. I think I will mount the rear sticker on plywood and attach it to the bike rack.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
No idea but, you have given me one. I think I will mount the rear sticker on plywood and attach it to the bike rack.
Bends the Rules slightly, but could you pop the rear Sticker into the Bike Cover Warning Sign Pocket? The Safety Sign draws the eyesight to it, and if the purpose of the Angles Morts is to highlight danger, the Safety Sign helps with the focus.

Steve

Mar 27, 2018
Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift van conversion
Exp
Since 2018
Easy journey with Eurotunnel, dogs passport accepted , no stamp, definitely better than my passport. Stopped for supplies and then onto Ypres, walked up to hear the Last Post, very poignant. Heading for Luxembourg tomorrow, hate rushing but we are counting our days. Looking forward to Croatia x
Have u crossed into Croatia yet? Which route did u take and how straight forward was the border formality?

Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
Have u crossed into Croatia yet? Which route did u take and how straight forward was the border formality?
Border straightforward just a queue. We did Calais to Ypres Aire, then onto a campsite in Luxembourg then 1 night in Germany at the Aire in Ulm, then 1 night in Austria on a lake . Sadly it was tough because we had to rush to leave the Schengen Zone, but we are chilled now and can take our time going back, although might head to Spain for some winter sun x

Nov 10, 2013
worcester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
Update from me. we spent a couple of nights on the aire at Epineuil CC 50058, free quiet aire with cycling among the vineyards or along the nearby canal. We then moved on to one of Richard's favourite spots at Sancoins CC 2055 very busy but we squeezed in. Our FLT days are over for a bit as our fridge refused to work on gas this morning so we have moved on to somewhere we have been to many times the campsite (shut your eyes and ears Lenny) on the island at Amboise CC23905. I will get the tools and meter out tomorrow, to try and sort the problem. No clicking from the ignitor. Gas ok to boiler and hob so it looks to be electrical. Hopefully get it sorted or or FLT days this trip are over, any chance of a loan Lenny or have you spent all your money on your des res on the south coast.
Hope all you fellow funsters currently in France keep safe and enjoy your trips.

James (marpool)

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Cycled to the peak of Mont Ventoux this morning Richard

View attachment 535200

Record for skinny French bloke on lightweight bike 55 mins

Fat English bloke on E mountain bike 1h 18
I just got this memory up on Facebook from 6 years ago, I said I would ride up Mont Ventoux when I had recovered from cancer. Well I didn’t quite ride the whole way up, I reckon I walked the last 2 kilometers. I used my mountain bike, well it is a mountain after all. My legs turned to rubber towards the end but I did make it to the top, took 3 hours 25 minutes up and about 20 minutes down.
1DBD5897-1496-48FB-A2A0-66F1F98B5579.png

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
We are still tucked up in our quiet corner of the marina aire at Gruissan.
The last three days have started grey and misty but the sun has poked through and it’s been hot and muggy.
Yesterday we watched the weather apps as storms circled us but in the evening a tremendous thunder storm arrived from the nearby Pyrenees, followed by torrential rain.
As the rain cleared we were sitting in the middle of a muddy lake but by this morning the water had gone.
It's still a bit grey with some dampness in the air but the humidity has gone and everything feels much fresher.
Forecast for later is that the sun will be back. (y) :cool:

Oct 9, 2017
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
2007 Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2005
Richard. I remember a few years ago a camper parked in that corner spent all day going back and forth with a bucket in his hand. He was going to the launching area at the bottom of the car park as you enter the aire and collecting stones and building up a platform behind his van, complete with drainage channels through the hedge. Area soon dries out, unlike the middle of the first parking area which we had to move out following rain on our first visit.
Have you done any of the rides 🚴‍♂️ yet? - other than to the shops 🥖. How we miss them ☹️. David.

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Have you done any of the rides 🚴‍♂️ yet? - other than to the shops 🥖.

Hi David. Only been down to the village for bread and croissants so far.
It's been so hot and muggy you would break into a sweat standing still.
Fresher today so when the clouds clear I may be off for a proper bimble.
Got to give the new bike a proper test. :cycle:(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back