UK v france (3 Viewers)

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Never been to France and have no intention of doing so.

I did however, once have an eh....liaison with a French bird by the name of Monique, many years ago in Shetland of all places. That was nice:devil:;)
My name is Nicole and my maman was Monique. She tell me all about her 20 seconds of passion in Shetland, many years ago. Papa, please send me your address for the years of missed payments. Zank you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
Why do so many people compare an empty rural France with British cities. Rarely do they compare like with like. On my walk with the dog this morning this southerner had more good mornings from total strangers than I ever got in 30 trips to Paris.
Same as bl**dy London ,
Wait until you hit Germany then !! Leaves France looking like a second class has been... Mind you, that puts the UK and its greed in third place I am afraid !
As others have said, LOVE England, LOVE 90% of the people, but we are so squeezed by the govnt and all the jumped up nobodies that make life hard for the rest of us England is getting hard to defend :confused:

Shame that, but never mind we’re ok in Wales ?

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
I have been told that most of the French don't consider Paris actually French!
( I do get that however)

Work that out!
The word Parisiene spoken by a French country dweller is often followed with a quick spit.

The residents of Paris are regarded as being a considerable way up their own rectums.

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
For me this picture says it all Roanne harbour

20190718_115150.jpg

But I bet there is a designated area for MHs

..... (y)

Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
Roanne harbour, if I recall correctly. Pleasant Aire with facilities right on the water. Short walk over the bridge into the town. There’s a posh restaurant on a boat just over the other side. What’s not to like?

D5C9F655-E986-43B9-96A2-9BC884D4E2E2.jpeg

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
/
where is twin lakes ? near

Twin Lakes is

Rue de la Borne Grise
Soumeras
Pitou charente
France

the nearest main town is Montendre see map

Attachments

• screencapture-google-co-uk-maps-45-3040265-0-4245223-11z-2019-07-18-20_39_07.jpg
    screencapture-google-co-uk-maps-45-3040265-0-4245223-11z-2019-07-18-20_39_07.jpg
    595.4 KB · Views: 13
Sep 12, 2016
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Gary was Twin lakes, lets hope young Robert can make it all work, yes they are a nice couple ;)

Seem to be doing a pretty good job working hard getting things back together
the pools are brilliant , there's food on in high season now from breakfast and snacks to dinners

we have all had our boilers checked (61€ each) there's a new static down next to Mikes one going on Vincents old pitch and a new private one in the gap between ours (for now we've sold it) and Jens mums van (used to be Isobels) Caddie has sold her van now too so lots happening and lots of Belgians and French using the site too

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Having spent a couple of months in Portugal and Spain two winters ago we were delighted to cross the border back into France. We were able to park for nought on aires in villages and more importantly our Labrador was welcomed in the cafes in the evenings where we drank gorgeous wines and ate regional food. A pleasure largely denied us further south.
P. S. Don’t judge French wine on the plonk available in British supermarkets, they keep the good stuff for their own consumption.
even there crap wine is better than you get in Tesco
bill

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
Seem to be doing a pretty good job working hard getting things back together
the pools are brilliant , there's food on in high season now from breakfast and snacks to dinners

we have all had our boilers checked (61€ each) there's a new static down next to Mikes one going on Vincents old pitch and a new private one in the gap between ours (for now we've sold it) and Jens mums van (used to be Isobels) Caddie has sold her van now too so lots happening and lots of Belgians and French using the site too
I know about all the stuff going on, we have only been back home for a month, got all our deck sorted out, and the new ramp built, be back out end of August till Nov

Sep 12, 2016
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
I know about all the stuff going on, we have only been back home for a month, got all our deck sorted out, and the new ramp built, be back out end of August till Nov

we leave at the end of August so might not see you until next year

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Twin Lakes is

Rue de la Borne Grise
Soumeras
Pitou charente
France

the nearest main town is Montendre see map
julie used to live near montendre, not far from twin lakes, so she still has friends there , so that is where we always end up.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
thank you fund their web site (y)
bill
If you're looking for scenery this area and site at Thiviers in the nouvelle Aquitaine, Dordogne dept is brilliant. I live here during the summer and never get bored with the beauty of it.. Camping le Repaire, Thiviers 24800

Reactions: Jim
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
If you're looking for scenery this area and site at Thiviers in the nouvelle Aquitaine, Dordogne dept is brilliant. I live here during the summer and never get bored with the beauty of it.. Camping le Repaire, Thiviers 24800
to be honest every day will be taken as it comes the compass is set south abd if we go Southish that will be near enough.
we will only drive abut 60 to 80 mils a day
bill

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
I am born and bred in North Yorkshire, we own a house in Arkendale North Yorks, a house in Herne bay KENT, and a static Chalet at twin lakes FRANCE, so the best of three Worlds, and no one place better than the other, your just living some where else at the moment, so enjoy life it's all there is:cheers:
Herne bay is just a London suburb now. Haha

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Why do so many people compare an empty rural France with British cities. Rarely do they compare like with like. On my walk with the dog this morning this southerner had more good mornings from total strangers than I ever got in 30 trips to Paris.

We stayed at Sutton on Sea a couple of weeks ago and on both days we walked from the campsite to the seafront everyone we passed said hello.?

Reactions: Jim
May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Thinking about it , as Jim says, it was going to Paris on a long weekend bus trip that probably put me off, it was like going to London which I have only done twice and won't be going there again either, but the real France is nothing at all like Paris.

I had the same experience with Paris,unfriendly,and wouldn’t rush back again. Everywhere else we have been in France we have only been met with lovely friendly people.
London is not as bad as Paris and I love visiting there!

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
We toured England in the MH last year, and thoroughly enjoyed it. We would be again this year, but are doing Europe as we’re going over to visit a relative who’s having a significant birthday. I expect to like it too. It will be different, and some things may be better, others not. It’s not a competition!

EMS

Jan 8, 2010
Hants Sussex border near
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low
Exp
Started 2009!
The major problems I have found driving in France :-
That they have some years discovered roundabouts (as in UK) and now place them at either side of every village.
(20 years ago they were a rare and special thing on the roads, there was a large close to Toulouse that had the priority for vehicles entering the roundabout it took years to solve the traffic problem it caused an change the priority!)
Using motorways is quick but expensive, with the aires are usually well cared for(though not safe for overnighting).
German motorways can be frightening when overtaking where there are no speed limits.

Cyprio42

Free Member
Jun 30, 2018
Funster No
We have just done our longest trip yet, 12 days, stopping at various sites in Dorset. Absolutely loved it, everybody so friendly. The more we get out, the better we feel on planning a trip to France.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back