Reusable Country Code Stickers for Motorhomes (1 Viewer)

Jun 12, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Good morning all. Last year I borrowed a UK sticker from a mate. Hang on before you start slating me for being a tight arse hear me out :giggle: the sticker he lent me has no adhesive you dip it in water and squeegee it onto the back of the MH. When finished with simply peel it off job done. It can be reused on multiple occasions what a brilliant idea. Or so I thought can I find them on the net not a chance. There are cling versions but for windows only. Do you know where I can purchase them from ? Cheers :cool:

Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
A grey one
Exp
since 1996
If you have one on your number plate, like we have, you don't need another. Has to show the union flag and 'UK'. I can see why you wouldn't want a big one, I don't like any stickers on our van, It's grey and a big white sticker spoils it. Personal preference I suppose.

Upvote 0
Aug 2, 2023
Oxfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Devon Aztec XL
Exp
VW T6 & tents.
If you have one on your number plate, like we have, you don't need another. Has to show the union flag and 'UK'. I can see why you wouldn't want a big one, I don't like any stickers on our van, It's grey and a big white sticker spoils it. Personal preference I suppose.
I think that only covers you for France, not for other countries.
For other countries you will need a UK sticker.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If you have one on your number plate, like we have, you don't need another. Has to show the union flag and 'UK'. I can see why you wouldn't want a big one,
Big one required for Spain & Malta.

Took mine of won't be putting back on, if people notice it they ask you where you are from even English people that live in Spain & they take photo's of your number plate.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H
Jun 12, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Hi are you sure about the number plate ? I thought you had to have the UK sticker on the van as well ? Cheers

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H
Jun 12, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Big one required for Spain & Malta.

Took mine of won't be putting back on, if people notice it they ask you where you are from even English people that live in Spain & they take photo's of your number plate.
From what I have read Lenny if you get pulled over and you don’t have one you can get fined. I hate stickers if they stay on for too long then take them off there is a colour difference to the rest of the van :mad:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H
Jun 12, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer
"Do you know where I can purchase them from ? Cheers"

I hope the OP gets an answer to the question.
He's/She's not asking for anything else.
Hi not having any joy finding one (n)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
From what I have read Lenny if you get pulled over and you don’t have one you can get fined.

I'm doomed, mines a bit small and upside down to confuse nosey Germans on campsites and annoy Siân
NUNBERPLATE-.gif

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2022
Watford, Hertfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 599 S
You do not need a UK sticker if your number plate has the UK identifier with the Union flag (also known as the Union Jack). You must display a UK sticker if your number plate has any of these: numbers and letters only, no flag or identifier. a GB identifier with the Union flag.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
May 23, 2021
Beds.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Harmony
Exp
Since 2021...
We had new number plates with the Union Jack and UK identifier. They weren't expensive. We also hate stickers!!

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2022
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 599 S
I'm doomed, mines a bit small and upside down to confuse nosey Germans on campsites and annoy Siân
We have large UK self adhesive sticker that I put on a little wonky, it really annoys ME...
As we have UK plate stickers I keep meaning to peel it off, someday when I really have nothing else to do.

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2022
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 599 S
Not seen clinging Angles Morts but other funster used small suction cups afix sticker on a backing plate

Upvote 0
Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
A grey one
Exp
since 1996
Hi are you sure about the number plate ? I thought you had to have the UK sticker on the van as well ? Cheers
I found this on the Gov website, so hopefully it is correct! As LennyHB said you do need a big one for Spain and Malta. And Cyprus.

UK stickers and number plates​

You must display the UK identifier when driving a UK-registered vehicle abroad.

If your number plate includes the UK identifier with the Union flag (also known as the Union Jack), you do not need a UK sticker.

However, you will need to display a UK sticker clearly on the rear of your vehicle if your number plate has any of the following:

• a GB identifier with the Union flag
  • a Euro symbol
  • a national flag of England, Scotland or Wales
  • numbers and letters only – no flag or identifier
If you’re in Spain, Cyprus or Malta, you must display a UK sticker no matter what is on your number plate.

Upvote 1
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
I think that only covers you for France, not for other countries.
For other countries you will need a UK sticker.

All EU countries except

Spain, Cyprus and Malta​

Upvote 1

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
You do not need a UK sticker if your number plate has the UK identifier with the Union flag (also known as the Union Jack). You must display a UK sticker if your number plate has any of these: numbers and letters only, no flag or identifier. a GB identifier with the Union flag.

Obviously didn't read what you linked to.

Upvote 0
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
I found this on the Gov website, so hopefully it is correct! As LennyHB said you do need a big one for Spain and Malta. And Cyprus.

UK stickers and number plates​

You must display the UK identifier when driving a UK-registered vehicle abroad.

If your number plate includes the UK identifier with the Union flag (also known as the Union Jack), you do not need a UK sticker.

However, you will need to display a UK sticker clearly on the rear of your vehicle if your number plate has any of the following:

• a GB identifier with the Union flag
  • a Euro symbol
  • a national flag of England, Scotland or Wales
  • numbers and letters only – no flag or identifier
If you’re in Spain, Cyprus or Malta, you must display a UK sticker no matter what is on your number plate.

Interesting it doesn't state 'within EU' or similar but just says 'abroad' Surely this doesn't mean number plate sticker is OK everywhere in the world except those 3 countries?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back