Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Hi all

Been using a Solar Tyrepal 4 the past year but have recently changed the motorhome and now have six wheels. So, is as simple as just ordering a couple of additional sensors and re-programing the unit...or do I need to buy an entire Tyrepal 6?

Reading the manual it looks as if I should be able to do the former.

Cheers Dave

Parapilot

Free Member
Dec 29, 2015
Whiston
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
6 years
I have that system and yes, it is simple to add or replace sensors.
For the small cost I would suggest fitting new batteries to your original 4 at the same time.
I recoded all of them easily by fitting each one in turn to the spare wheel (with monitor next to me), and each one popped up as it sensed the pressure - then assign it to a wheel position. Afterwards, just fit each sensor to the assigned wheel, job done.

Great system - accurate to within 1 PSI all summer throughout 15 countries and 6000 miles. Had to adjust alarms though as rear tyres would rise from 72 to 85 PSI on a long hot drive and the beeping and flashing was annoying, but reassuring to always know what was happening.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Thanks @Wombles for that info and especially the discount codes that I'd completely forgotten about :)(y).

And thanks @Parapilot for the description of 'how to'...so much easier sounding than the way it's describes for re-setting wheel sensors in the manual :)(y)

Yep, it's a brilliant bit of kit...once you get the upper and lower pressure alarms set up!

Cheers Dave

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
I have that system and yes, it is simple to add or replace sensors.
For the small cost I would suggest fitting new batteries to your original 4 at the same time.
I recoded all of them easily by fitting each one in turn to the spare wheel (with monitor next to me), and each one popped up as it sensed the pressure - then assign it to a wheel position. Afterwards, just fit each sensor to the assigned wheel, job done.

Great system - accurate to within 1 PSI all summer throughout 15 countries and 6000 miles. Had to adjust alarms though as rear tyres would rise from 72 to 85 PSI on a long hot drive and the beeping and flashing was annoying, but reassuring to always know what was happening.

Fitted additional two sensors yesterday, thanks again for this info and the idea of using the spare and then fitting worked very well!

Cheers Dave

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back