Tyre monitors (1 Viewer)

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
Hi have tyrepal at moment but monitor is playing up , if I have to replace it I was thinking about the cheap Chinese ones question is are they any good, seen a couple on a shopping channel they are less than the price of replacement sensors/monitor or should I just get a new tyrepal system.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We've only used TyrePal (for many years on multiple vehicles) so can't comment on other versions of TPMS but if after feedback you do choose it again don't forget there is a Fun 20% discount code MFRVOC20TP

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Yes, Tyrepal for us too. About nine years old now, fitted on 2 vans.

I think we've replaced the sensor/sender batteries a couple of times.

And that's it, and still working fine. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
If it’s of any interest, I have a complete Tyrepal colour set with 8 sensors (4 from my first set, plus 4 from 2nd set when display unit replaced) which I was planning on advertising on classified section for £45 (half price), having just changed our van to one with inbuilt monitoring.

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
I'm using the cheapo Chinese items {£20 on ebay)... bought a couple of years ago.

Only bought them because they were cheap, they work very well, though I do like to check the pressures with a 'proper' gauge occasionally.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
If it’s of any interest, I have a complete Tyrepal colour set with 8 sensors (4 from my first set, plus 4 from 2nd set when display unit replaced) which I was planning on advertising on classified section for £45 (half price), having just changed our van to one with inbuilt monitoring.
We have manufacturer fitted TPMS but still have TyrePal too for easier monitoring of tyre pressures plus when we picked up a nail in our tyre on the motorway it was the TyrePal that alarmed first - that earlier warning could make all the difference.

Jan 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
We have manufacturer fitted TPMS but still have TyrePal too for easier monitoring of tyre pressures plus when we picked up a nail in our tyre on the motorway it was the TyrePal that alarmed first - that earlier warning could make all the difference.
Thank you. Valuable feedback 👍

Jun 25, 2016
Ynys Môn, UK
Funster No
MH
2016 Benimar 243
Exp
Since 2016
Tyrepal in the MH, no problems, cheap Chinese in my panel van, lots of problems, for instance batteries don’t last long, then indicate a zero pressure when battery flat, even though there should be a battery sign telling me battery is low. One also shows 6 degrees constantly, other 3 the correct temperature , also had cheap Chinese on previous car, similar problem to van.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back