Two new discounts. Fogstar and Ripe Insurance (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We’ve been busy with the server all week, but just before I go to bed, I thought I’d tell you of two new discounts we’ve finalised this week.

Ripe Motorhome Insurance will be giving us an exclusive 15% off their policies, I did a few dummy quotes on their system and they were very competitive indeed. I should have the code next week.

Fogstar have confirmed a 10% Discount across their battery range. I have the code, I will get it up tomorrow (y)

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Sprinter
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Nice one boss. 👍
Re: Ripe insurance should anyone wish to take cover with then pm me and I'll send a link for 20% off I get the same same on my next cover with them I think🤔
As I went with them for this year, meets my needs
One thing I found out yesterday after reccomending a mate
They don't cover if on left on road at home.
I had put car park which was OK.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Thanks for doing this Jim, my insurance is up in July so have started looking. Someone on another source mentioned Ripe so I had a look. The main thing that concerned me was their continental cover, it states you will be covered to the minimum in that country. If legal minimum is 3rd party then I’d assume that’s what you’re covered for.

Not trying to put them or your offer down just wanting members to be aware so they can have this clarified before making a decision.

Extract from their T&C

IMG_0059.jpeg

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
, it states you will be covered to the minimum in that country.

All policies say that as it is required by law to do it. But read under what is covered and it goes on to say they will extend the cover in section 1 and 2

I’ve not read the policy, but section 1 and 2 will probably be your normal comprehensive cover. So you’ll be fully covered.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 9, 2022
Funster No
MH
Cathargo
Exp
I tried a online quote but couldn’t get past, “please submit a value between £5000 and £100,000” so I guess they either have a limit or you need to call them.
Same here - also thought I would mention the Lithium/Charger/panels/B2B, so clicked Other and got a message saying they wont quote for any modification "listed here". Doesn't suggest calling them though. Insurance for expensive vans is becoming a pain.

But good for most I guess, so thanks Jim

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
There is also a discount available from AIB. The question arises when does one mention the MHF discount; up front, or after they've given you your quote?

I chose the latter approach and they informed me ‘oh that’s already included’ in the quote. 🤷‍♂️

Ian

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
There is also a discount available from AIB. The question arises when does one mention the MHF discount; up front, or after they've given you your quote?

I chose the latter approach and they informed me ‘oh that’s already included’ in the quote. 🤷‍♂️

Ian
Yes same with me for AIB so to me it’s a marketing trick, no discount at all

May 23, 2021
Beds.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Harmony
Exp
Since 2021...
Ripe were one of the few insurers we could find that would cover our old van (1997) for comprehensive European cover including breakdown...sadly we're too late for the discount 😭

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
ive just done a quick 'test quote' - not too keen on the 'occupation' drop down menu - 'not working - retired' is ok, but why do i then need to enter anything into the next drop down menu that has a list of 'other occupation'....?

or did Mister Fat Fingers strike again ..... :unsure:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
ive just done a quick 'test quote' - not too keen on the 'occupation' drop down menu - 'not working - retired' is ok, but why do i then need to enter anything into the next drop down menu that has a list of 'other occupation'....?

or did Mister Fat Fingers strike again ..... :unsure:

I did flag that to them when I looked at their system, so hopefully it will be changed to reflect the motorhome demographic. That whole employment section was an awful sticking point for me too, and if anyone with my patience attempts it, they will likely abandon it. Just to get a price I think I told them I was an accountant in an abattoir:D. Apart from that I thought the form was good, well laid out, and the price returned was excellent.

Feb 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
pilote diamond 783
Exp
2 years
We’ve been busy with the server all week, but just before I go to bed, I thought I’d tell you of two new discounts we’ve finalised this week.

Ripe Motorhome Insurance will be giving us an exclusive 15% off their policies, I did a few dummy quotes on their system and they were very competitive indeed. I should have the code next week.

Fogstar have confirmed a 10% Discount across their battery range. I have the code, I will get it up tomorrow (y)
Jim PM you, I have discount codes for solwise and energy money would like them to put on the forum, these were directly negoatiated so are live and working.

Lee Fryer

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Eastleigh
Funster No
MH
Coach built CI Carioca 15
Exp
Since June 2012
I got a quote but with the extra add ons like no claims protection they are dearer than my safesure renewall with a 20% discount.

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
The very nature of insurance and the opaque way that different companies and their underwriters determine risk means that there is no guarantee, even with a loverly 20% discount, that Ripe will be more competitive than others… however, worth trying right! ✔️

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
I requested a quote from Ripe just this week but they wouldn’t cover me because my camper is my only vehicle. Not a problem for the majority but just thought I would let others know.
Son had the same problem, but mainly because he didn't want commuting. Lots of insurance co don't believe he cycles to work in the winter, or walks, about 1/4 mile from home. It is about 15 miles when he cycles to other offices.

Oct 27, 2022
Funster No
MH
Consort PVC
The link works for me. 👍

Cheers,

Jock. :)
No, it's still broken. It's the link on the forum thread which actually reveals the discount code. It takes a couple of clicks to get there (from Jim's link above), the first two links work but not the final one.

The link looks like this (see image) and you can see the inital "h" isn't part of the link (it's in black rather than blue), this causes the issue I think. One for Jim

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Ripe insurance will be getting a call from me 1 month

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
No, it's still broken. It's the link on the forum thread which actually reveals the discount code. It takes a couple of clicks to get there (from Jim's link above), the first two links work but not the final one.

The link looks like this (see image) and you can see the inital "h" isn't part of the link (it's in black rather than blue), this causes the issue I think. One for Jim

Cheers Yorkie, should be OK now

Oct 18, 2021
Northampton, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Apache 700
Exp
Some....good & bad!
Thanks for doing this Jim, my insurance is up in July so have started looking. Someone on another source mentioned Ripe so I had a look. The main thing that concerned me was their continental cover, it states you will be covered to the minimum in that country. If legal minimum is 3rd party then I’d assume that’s what you’re covered for.

Not trying to put them or your offer down just wanting members to be aware so they can have this clarified before making a decision.

Extract from their T&C
View attachment 900981

Item 4 could be a problem, stolen while you go for a walk could be construed as unattended so you get nothing?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back