Twingo RS 133 + ALKo chassis (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 15, 2023
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Does anyone know if it is possible to fit A frame stuff on a Twingo RS 133 (2012)?
Think the radiator sits low into front bumper so not sure if this will be an issue.
Also I take it you cannot reverse with a car on an A frame? Might look into using a trailor but hard to store but at least you can reverse!
To get a tow bar on the ALKO chassis looks like it might require new chassis extensions as the current one tapers towards back. Has anyone done this and what's the cost approx?

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
I’ve just checked and the RS Twingo has an open diff, so in theory, probably no reason it can’t be flat towed.

Electronic braked a frames (those not using overrun braking) allow you to reverse, but you should view it as a minor repositioning functional reverse. as opposed to being able to reverse as one would do with a trailer.

OP
OP
G
Feb 15, 2023
Funster No
MH
Just looking
I’ve just checked and the RS Twingo has an open diff, so in theory, probably no reason it can’t be flat towed.

Electronic braked a frames (those not using overrun braking) allow you to reverse, but you should view it as a minor repositioning functional reverse. as opposed to being able to reverse as one would do with a trailer.
Great thanks for info

OP
OP
G
Feb 15, 2023
Funster No
MH
Just looking
they just support the floor. A tow bar requires chassis extensions that go all the way back to the original chassis. Not cheap
Yeah I feared it would be expensive! Thank you

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back