Sunny Croydon.
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
nearly a year.
Morning all, hope everyone is ok.
Question time again please.

On my Sundance 590 there is a panel with a 12v cigarette outlet socket , two 3 pin plug sockets , and a (female type) tv ariel socket... question ! the TV ariel socket "is there anything / should there be anything attached to the end" ?? ie is there a cable dangling hidden behind the panel.... or is the socket just a socket waiting for a cable and external ariel to be attached, the reason I ask is we tried plugging a fly lead from the tele into this to improve reception but no difference.

Any ideas ??

Pete.

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
If you haven't found an external aerial socket on the outside of the van the chances are that the internal one isn't connected to anything

On our Bessie 425 the internal socket plate is mounted on a wood panel which can be removed (4 screws)

We had the internal socket wired to an external socket for both sat and standard connections by the dealer

I think Maplins do the ext socket for around a tenner

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

peter t

Free Member
Feb 26, 2008
Sunny Croydon.
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
nearly a year.
If you haven't found an external aerial socket on the outside of the van the chances are that the internal one isn't connected to anything

On our Bessie 425 the internal socket plate is mounted on a wood panel which can be removed (4 screws)

We had the internal socket wired to an external socket for both sat and standard connections by the dealer

I think Maplins do the ext socket for around a tenner

Thats probably the answer.. I'll have a word with Johns Cross when next down that way.
cheers .
Pete.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

peter t

Free Member
Feb 26, 2008
Sunny Croydon.
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
nearly a year.
I will ask the silly question. Is there an aerial on the roof?

Sensible answer... no. I did check...:winky:

Just curious if their is a cable tucked away on the end of the socket, waiting to be connected or just a bare socket.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Sensible answer... no. I did check...:winky:

Just curious if their is a cable tucked away on the end of the socket, waiting to be connected or just a bare socket.

when you get round to buying an aerial ........dont buy an omni-directional saucer type.:whatthe:

total waste of money unless you are next to a transmitter. very poor for digital signal, (dont forget the digital changeover)

if you must have a fitted one buy something like a maxview directional or better still ...buy a sat dish.:thumb::thumb:

i use a domestic aerial on a pole, works everywhere. (except some welsh valleys. :Angry::ROFLMAO:) or me crank up sat dish.:thumb:

john.

Upvote 0
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Morning all, hope everyone is ok.
Question time again please.

On my Sundance 590 there is a panel with a 12v cigarette outlet socket , two 3 pin plug sockets , and a (female type) tv ariel socket... question ! the TV ariel socket "is there anything / should there be anything attached to the end" ?? ie is there a cable dangling hidden behind the panel.... or is the socket just a socket waiting for a cable and external ariel to be attached, the reason I ask is we tried plugging a fly lead from the tele into this to improve reception but no difference.

Any ideas ??

Hi Pete,

I have a Bessacarr and If it's like mine the other end will be inside the wardrobe tucked inside the conduit waiting for an aerial on the roof to be fitted to connect too.:thumb:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

peter t

Free Member
Feb 26, 2008
Sunny Croydon.
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
nearly a year.
when you get round to buying an aerial ........dont buy an omni-directional saucer type.:whatthe:

total waste of money unless you are next to a transmitter. very poor for digital signal, (dont forget the digital changeover)

if you must have a fitted one buy something like a maxview directional or better still ...buy a sat dish.:thumb::thumb:

i use a domestic aerial on a pole, works everywhere. (except some welsh valleys. :Angry::ROFLMAO:) or me crank up sat dish.:thumb:

john.

Hi john, strange thing' we met a couple when we where in Talleybont on Usk he said something similiar regarding directional ariels, and was singing the praises of his domstic ariel fixed to a pole attached to his bike rack.
Pete.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

peter t

Free Member
Feb 26, 2008
Sunny Croydon.
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
nearly a year.
Hi Pete,

I have a Bessacarr and If it's like mine the other end will be inside the wardrobe tucked inside the conduit waiting for an aerial on the roof to be fitted to connect too.:thumb:

I'll be having another look tomorrow when I pick up the van from the yard' I've a sneeking feeling their's nothing on the end though.
Pete.

Upvote 0

adventure

Free Member
Oct 16, 2007
somerset
Funster No
Exp
25 years
on the sundances they do have a short length connected to the socket, if yours is in the locker next to the wardrobe then it will be in the conduit inside the wardrobe as mentioned before, (there is also a 12v feed for a booster) if it is the later sundance it will just have a short length connected behind the socket.

a directional aerial will give you the better reception especially with the digital switchover, grade uk do a good range of externally mounted or through the roof aerials to suit all budgets

nick

Upvote 0

finby

Free Member
Oct 3, 2007
norfolk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
about 8
If your Sundance is new, then the chances are that there is no aeriel. For some reason aeriels are considered to be an accessory. Personally, I have found the "Status" directional aeriel to be very good.

Good luck
Finby

Upvote 0

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
The OMNI DIRECTIONAL, I am with pappaJohn on that one just taken mine of and binned it. Gone for sat instead, now have hundreds of channels of rubbish, but more films than I can shake a big stick at. And superb picture quality.

Don

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
The OMNI DIRECTIONAL, I am with pappaJohn on that one just taken mine of and binned it. Gone for sat instead, now have hundreds of channels of rubbish, but more films than I can shake a big stick at. And superb picture quality.

Don

i'm with you on that one, Don. but you will always find something vaguely interesting to watch.:thumb:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back