Truma quick release gas fitting (1 Viewer)

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
We had a Truma exterior BBQ/gas point fitted recently and it needed a special fitting on the BBQ flexi-pipe so that it can fit the gas point. On occasion we use this same BBQ at home and before i just fitted it onto the patio gas cylinder via the standard threaded fitting via the regulator. Now though i have this fitting on the end of my flexi:

IMG_1695.jpg

Hence i would therefore need to fit a female version on my patio gas bottle regulator, anyone know what this may be called or where i can find one, had a look but wasn't obvious so far...

Thanks

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Unless i'm misunderstanding something those are standard 8mm quick connect fittings which are very different to the one i pictured above ?

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Would it not be easier to buy 2 quick release fittings and have one on a short bit of hose to your truma plug and another to your home gas regulator they are £5.99 each on amazon Amazon product ASIN B0757521T9
I know you would probably sooner only have one join in the hose but i might be cheaper doing it this way

Deleted User
Only need the female end to the gas bottle regulator, the male end is on the appliance which will then connect to the Truma connector on the van or the independent gas bottle at home but i have always had to buy the complete fitting to obtain the female end.

Bought two from Hamilton recently in order to connect different types of bottle to a gas barbeque easily.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Only need the female end to the gas bottle regulator, the male end is on the appliance which will then connect to the Truma connector on the van or the independent gas bottle at home but i have always had to buy the complete fitting to obtain the female end.

Bought two from Hamilton recently in order to connect different types of bottle to a gas barbeque easily.

That'll work !

Thanks for that.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp

Yes looks like it will fit I assumed it would be a different end to the male connector

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
So bought one off Ebay (via UK) and it fits perfectly ! thanks for the advice.

It was in the end exactly as Zigisla posted, just took me a while to work it out:sleep::sleep::sleep:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back