Truma Combi Recommendation please. (1 Viewer)

Feb 21, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Cotswold
My Webasto Dual Top heater / boiler has broken down a couple of times over the last few months and has both times been resurrected by a reset. I've spoken to a Webasto service centre today and they are no longer repairing them. That model is no longer supported, they can't service them as once taken apart they might not be able to reseal them, the parts available are largely the parts that people don't need!

Their recommendation is to fit a gas / electrically powered boiler like a Truma Combi. My motorhome dealer has given me a rough price of £2500 fitted.

Before I rush into this has anyone got any recommendations for a particular Truma model, another make, or a good place to get the job done in the south West? I don't want to fit a cheap Chinese heater. Thank you.

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
My Webasto Dual Top heater / boiler has broken down a couple of times over the last few months and has both times been resurrected by a reset. I've spoken to a Webasto service centre today and they are no longer repairing them. That model is no longer supported, they can't service them as once taken apart they might not be able to reseal them, the parts available are largely the parts that people don't need!

Their recommendation is to fit a gas / electrically powered boiler like a Truma Combi. My motorhome dealer has given me a rough price of £2500 fitted.

Before I rush into this has anyone got any recommendations for a particular Truma model, another make, or a good place to get the job done in the south West? I don't want to fit a cheap Chinese heater. Thank you.
Have you thought about fitting the diesel version , connected to main fuel tank or a separate one with the ability to use cheap fuel?

OP
OP
Thornebt
Feb 21, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Cotswold
My Webasto runs on diesel so the connections are in place. The Truma seems a popular choice so I was wondering if diesel is best avoided. Maybe the LPG ones are more reliable?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
My Webasto runs on diesel so the connections are in place. The Truma seems a popular choice so I was wondering if diesel is best avoided. Maybe the LPG ones are more reliable?
If you already running a diesel I would certainly keep that, LPG is not more reliable and is very hit and miss with availability, it just adds a lot of extra hassle, a new diesel unit may well see out the lifespan of your van👍

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
£2.5k fitted seems expensive, the 6E gas model is about £1500.. £1k for fitting ?

and the diesel model £1800 + fitting

I would go for the diesel model

Jacksons Leisure

BillandHelen

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 17, 2013
Edinburgh United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Wildax Elara
Exp
since 2004
Truma at Derby now do sales and installation, they have first class premises and the installer is also the back-up to all uk dealers, so really know what they are doing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Thornebt
Feb 21, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Cotswold
£2.5k fitted seems expensive, the 6E gas model is about £1500.. £1k for fitting ?

and the diesel model £1800 + fitting

I would go for the diesel model

Jacksons Leisure
The dealer said the Truma heater is approx £1500. Would be about six hours labour plus other bits and pieces, which must be the flue as that's not included in the heater kit. Maybe some ducting is also extra.

I do like the idea of the Truma heater being installed inside the van where it is accessible for inspection and maintenance. The Webasto is centrally mounted underneath the van. Seems daft to me!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back