Truma combi boiler 4E (1 Viewer)

Chris Robins

Free Member
Jun 17, 2021
Funster No
MH
Bessacar Ducato E560
Hi
Hope someone can help or give some ideas about the problem I have.The above boiler is just over 10 years in my motor home but is only used for about 3weeks a year.
The boiler was working ok but this problem occurred in the last few weeks.
1) the boiler stopped heating the water on the electric, when switched to on the temperature light comes on flashing red.The fuse on the main rcd board is on, the space heater light is on & the water heater light is on.
2) when the boiler is switched to gas the water heater heats the water up & works for about 30 mins & then the red light comes on flashing showing a fault.
3) I have checked both fuses on the boiler unit & both are okay.

I don’t know whether it’s just old age & so replace it, seems expensive the price that is showing for a new or try to get it repaired but that action maybe expensive & so would probably be better to replace it with the new one.The only other problem that comes into the situation is that I live on the Isle of Skye & so would need to find someone who did repairs who dealt in the area near Inverness.This ends up doing a 250 mile round trip, which would probably end up doing another trip if the firm needs the motor home to be left for a few days.

Chris R

Kelsae2

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2011
kelso,scottish borders
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
I have the Truma 6002 EH fitted and the same thing happened to me. I phoned Truma Technical Services and they said straight away that they no longer have any spares for my model. I would only be very lucky to find a set of elements with a dealer who has some sitting on a shelf that have been ordered in and not used.
The quote for a replacement boiler with Truma fitting it was upwards of £2000.
Luckily it is still working on gas , so it will have to stay that way for now.
Good luck if you come up with a better solution.

Upvote 0

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
The Truma 6002 EH is a very different beast to the Truma Combi 4E and much older than the Combi

Upvote 0

Sarah

Free Member
Mar 19, 2019
Chichester, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline B690
Exp
7 years
My Truma combi stopped working on electric and needed new mains elements. After reaching for them I found these on eBay. I purchased them as they are nearly half the price of any others I could find. A clever friend fitted them and everything is now as it should be.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
If your elements had failed then I don’t see why it should not work normally, without error on gas only power source. My electrical elements failed a couple of years ago, but I just use boiler via gas which is far better than electric anyway. Many boilers don’t even have the electric option.

Upvote 0
Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Is your gas bottle well above empty? My Combi 6E flashes red on gas when the bottle is getting empty, they need quite good pressure to work. The hob and oven can carry on working for quite a while after the boiler has given up on gas. One of my elements has also failed but that's a job for another day which requires the whole kitchen to be removed.

Upvote 0
Nov 14, 2020
S.Yorks
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SP
Exp
20 yr
Have you got an instruction book to guide you?
I have no instruction book, is there one that I could get from somewhere ?

How can I identify the 'reset button' on PCB pls ?

steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Yes the real problem with the reset button is that it is not visible until you remove the 2 screws for the main cover to the electrics and then you realize that there is a sleeve in the plastic cover which you could poke a screwdriver down to press the rest button! It must pop out when it needs resetting. I initially thought "red button" - I haven't got one of those until I found it when I took the cover off.

There is a whole thread on this boiler in the resources section which has a picture of where the button is. Look at the menu bar and there is a right arrow button on the left of your name, press it to reveal more items, one of which is Resources. Look down the page until you see the Truma Boiler, click on it then click DDownload in the top right hand corner.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Phileas Fogg

Free Member
Apr 27, 2014
west of the tamar
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Just spent towards 1k on mine replacing the pcb, circulation fan, controllers and. Main fan, all done by engineer to trace fault.
All removed parts. now being sent to Truma for checking as some may be perfectly serviceable. Once returned will be selling if anyone interested in saving some cost.

Upvote 0
Oct 30, 2021
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Just installing this combi boiler into our van conversion. We are not connected to the gas yet, is it possible to just use it from the EHU and our 12v?

Upvote 0
Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Griffogypo1 If you mean a Truma combi boiler that would mean you could only use it when attached to EHU on 230v setting as that would be your only heat source , the 12v supply side is used for the controls and electronics of the combi to operate as it should, not as a heat source. You need gas and 12v for it to work for heating and hot water when not connected to EHU.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back