Truma 6E not working on electric (1 Viewer)

Dec 28, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
C Class motorhome
Exp
5 Year
My Hobby as a truma 6e works on gas ok but on electric boiler heats up, draws 1800 watts until hot but fan doesn't blow. Had someone out but could not fix it. Said he didn't want to waste my money on a new pcb, in case it wouldn't fix the problem and would need to remove the boiler to instal the pcb ad to be fair he did not charge me.

I called truma who said I could book it in for a test that would cost £80 + vat.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If the fan runs when on gas I would think it's a control fault. Makes my blood boil that they want to charge over £400 for a new PCB when an electronics technician could repair it in an hour or so with the correct info to hand.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Your not the only one to have a problem with this unit. Ive heard of lots, including ourselves with a benimar. Just out of interest what make is yours?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G
Dec 28, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
C Class motorhome
Exp
5 Year
Hobby van classic. no error code on pcb. I did think about getting a new pcb and PC Plus control panel, but would it fix it? is the upgrade worth it?

Last edited:

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
If the fan runs when on gas I would think it's a control fault. Makes my blood boil that they want to charge over £400 for a new PCB when an electronics technician could repair it in an hour or so with the correct info to hand.
It’s the same for everything. Manufacturers are geared to make new and replacing whole units. I bet that there is not many places a panel can be taken to be repaired. I remember my mates body shop, the insurance companies insist on a whole new door rather then a new skin. Labour is cheaper and it’s a standard finish no margin to complain.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back