Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
We did a tour of Southern Ireland a couple of years back are planning to complete the tour by a visit to N/I in May and would like some place's to visit. Don't do Distilleries but would appreciate other sites. We intend to keep to the coast most of the journey but will alter course to see places of interest. Also I need some stop overs and special places to eat (y)

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
We've been watching the TV programme with Christine bleakley as she is revisiting places she grew up in. There have been some wonderful places. She is touring all the west coastline. Some of it you couldn't do in a MH but it might give you some ideas. Can't remember what it's called but it was on last night at 8. I'll try and find out.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
hi Portland, if you come into Belfast, you could start with Belfast titanic.. im sure you will have that on your list..
a costal route will take you round the glens of antrim , the carrick-areed rope bridge ,giants causeway and some beautiful scenery.. the walled city of derry might also be worth a visit ..if you continue along the coast.

the ulster folk and transport museum in the Belfast area before you leave there also worth a visit..
im sure a google will throw up all sorts of places that I have never been , and im here often ..
hope you have a fantastic time . im over there now and the sun has been shining the last few days.. been lovely.
ta andy

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
While not strictly Northern Ireland but Don't forget the North west.... Donegal is astoundingly nice.
Mountains and coastline, lovely pubs with music, nice towns and very simple to wild camp.
Have tons of wilding spots if you need them, also my place is available with hook up and somewhere for waste if you require a couple nights with no charge.
One thing for sure is you will enjoy this part of the world...... let us know how you get on.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wolfie

Free Member
Mar 16, 2015
northern ireland
Funster No
MH
hi-top
Exp
The Hedges Hotel or the Scenic Inn will let you park overnight in their carpark if using their bar or restaurant facilities ( both very good ) and either of them is close to The Dark Hedges where the Game of Thrones is filmed and not far from the coast.

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
I'm going to save this thread. There's some great suggestions and we're hoping to get over autumn this year for a few days and then tour next summer for at least a couple of weeks.

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
The coastal road fro Larne to Portrush is beautifull, the glens of Antrim are well worth seeing,I remember a building in the coast road that had been built by a retired sea captain in the shape of a ships bridge , the large inland sea area who's name I can't remember right now had some great sea food stops ,if you can take a day trip to rathlin island

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Lough Neagh is the biggest inland water mass in the British isles..... the villages of gleanarm, portaferry, ardglass are all superb seafood places. Donegal Coast has malin, Letterkenny, rathmullen, portsalon along the western coast to falcarragh, dungloe, killybegs ....again seafood in abundance and the highest cliffs in Europe at sleeve league...... great scenery and magical if good weather.
Also, quite close to me is the Ulster/American folk park that is a full size outdoor museum with full working exibits that show the story of the early irish and their route to the new world (USA)... it's a great day out.

Daifuse

Free Member
Feb 20, 2013
Milford Haven
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Since 2011
Toured the West coast by car some 18 years ago, staying in B&B's, fell in love with it, want to return as soon as I can. Wonderful scenery, people, beer, music, dancing - everything in fact. I'll make a note of everything in this thread for reference for when we do return.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
cant help myself, when I see this thread.. there are so many places worth a days visit depending on what you like doing....if its walking and lovely scenery then after passing portrush call in to castlerock , downhill, and benone strand.. there is a glen and some old ruins and the musenden temple to have a look round.. if golf is your bag castlerock has a lovely course and maybe easier to get a round booked as opposed to royal portrush which can be busy... a few pictures.. to give you a feel for it.

downhill castle, sitting on cliffs above the musenden temple
P1000091.JPG

the musenden temple, an odd looking folley right on the cliffs
P1000097.JPG

another view looking towards Donegal
P1000102.JPG

Attachments

• P1000104.JPG
    P1000104.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 4

Join us or log in to post a reply.