Trip out on the Enfield (1 Viewer)

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Yesterday the weather was great so we had a run out on the Enfield. We went to Lymington and had fish and chips in the pub by the water front (I thought it a bit pricey at £37) the bike ran well and pulled the two of us with no problem, but it is a bit of a boneshaker and does not much like anything over 60 mph. I got the bike for around town and it's great for that but it's not like the Harley and I wouldn't want to do a long trip on it.

OP
OP
Odd job
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
My first bike,after the Honda 90 I took my test on,was an Enfield Meteor Miner 500. Great bike but like all of them back then pissed oil everywhere.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
I had a royal enfeld crusader sports, 250 cc. In my youth
Great bike.

I lusted after one of those when 15/16....ended up with a James Captain at 16 but any bike was better than none!

I did eventually own a Constellation for a while later:)......which was interesting!

Still a beautiful machine

royal-enfield-crusader-sports-760x570.jpg

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
We were driving behind 2 modern bikes the other day and I had,t realised how much smaller in diameter the wheels were..always noticed the half round tyres. My mum made me swap the bike for a isetta 3 wheel bubble car, brilliant little thing that was. Never rode a bike since. I can afford one now but no inclination, will stick to the memories.
Had to stand on the kickstart on mine, had really good compression. No electric starters then, lol.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
I had a royal enfeld crusader sports, 250 cc. In my youth
Great bike.

Same here Jim great bike and had my first accident at 17 broken femur.
This still did not stop me from riding motor bikes and I gave them up in 2011 at 61 years old.

This was my last bike a Rocket 3 tourer.

1561668959646.png

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Well tomorrow I am taking ownership of this little beauty.
cb550f2.jpg

28.000 miles, brand new stainless exhaust, brand new seat, new sprockets and chain and electronic ignition.
Not so good points, rear shocks need replacing, headstock bearing need adjusting or renewing, carbs need synching, probably due to the new exhaust system as they were ultrasonically cleaned and rebuilt just before the new exhaust was fitted.
Oh yeah the bike for whatever reason is fitted with brand new Cougar shit tyres, so they will be off and scrapped on Monday.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
View attachment 314336

28.000 miles, brand new stainless exhaust, brand new seat, new sprockets and chain and electronic ignition.
Not so good points, rear shocks need replacing, headstock bearing need adjusting or renewing, carbs need synching, probably due to the new exhaust system as they were ultrasonically cleaned and rebuilt just before the new exhaust was fitted.
Oh yeah the bike for whatever reason is fitted with brand new Cougar shit tyres, so they will be off and scrapped on Monday.

I had a 550k3 brand new in 1979. At that time they were being sold by Coburn and Hughes for £1049, a bit of a bargain at the time, the 'F' was quite a bit more money. It was a nice bike, but the original tyres were dire back then - might even have been Bridgestones LOL.

Jon.

OP
OP
Odd job
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
View attachment 314336

[/QUOT
That looks great, hope it all goes well

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back