Traveling solo but sometimes get lonely (2 Viewers)

Jul 31, 2017
Funster No
Hi to all female solo travelers, I have been traveling extensively solo for the past 5 years, my itinerary is Portugal 3 months,(motorhome),Tenerife 1 month,Australia 3 months ,and Jersey and Yorkshire (motorhome)for the rest of the year .
It would be nice to meet a likeminded female with a free spirit to join me as a friend and traveling companion to share my experiences and expenses for part or all of my travels.
I am a young pensioner with a very young outlook on life só age is only a number ,it’s a lot to ask but maybe there is someone out there, at the moment in Tenerife and fly out to Australia 28/2 ,send me a PM on 00447456838855 and I will reply.
Kind regards Edwin.

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
I did consider a similar posting when my wife refused to go to Portugal this year. She wasn't keen, but i couldn't see a downside! Actually it makes good sense for a couple of lone travellers to get together. What our son did over twenty years ago, was travel with his friend each in their own van. They got to Provence and his van engine went caput. Wouldn't you just know it!! They eventually bought a house together in France, had two children and wouldn't ever come back. Not suggesting that would happen to you, certainly not the children. Good luck with your ad, and let us know how it works out.

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Is there a thread for solo female travellers?
I know there are groups that arrive at events together for support etc ....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Is there a thread for solo female travellers?
I know there are groups that arrive at events together for support etc ....
I read it that the OP was looking for a single lone female to share ?
I could of course be mistaken, perhaps they will clarify DES1950

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Hi to all female solo travelers, I have been traveling extensively solo for the past 5 years, my itinerary is Portugal 3 months,(motorhome),Tenerife 1 month,Australia 3 months ,and Jersey and Yorkshire (motorhome)for the rest of the year .
It would be nice to meet a likeminded female with a free spirit to join me as a friend and traveling companion to share my experiences and expenses for part or all of my travels.
I am a young pensioner with a very young outlook on life só age is only a number ,it’s a lot to ask but maybe there is someone out there, at the moment in Tenerife and fly out to Australia 28/2 ,send me a PM on 00447456838855 and I will reply.
Kind regards Edwin.
Take your phone number off hun. Anyone can see your post

Nov 7, 2022
Bovey Tracey, Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto/Trail 700
Exp
Since 1980, tents, caravans, motor homes.
Hi all, I’ve thought about putting something like that on MHF, but people might get the idea it’s not a dating app. Would love to get to France / Spain for the winter, Rob.

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
I think there was an off shoot forum for singles but it didn't gain much traction if I remember correctly.

Dec 31, 2021
Somerset, UK
Funster No
MH
2022 Chausson 660
Exp
Previously Elddis Accordo 125
There are groups for singles, some of which go abroad, such as Phoenix and New Companions

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Hi all, I’ve thought about putting something like that on MHF, but people might get the idea it’s not a dating app.
I've been travelling abroad in my motorhome solo for eleven years and getting a bit bored of the solo side of it. A motorhome is a rather intimate or even intimidating environment in a platonic friendship since one has no personal space.
Motorhoming isn't for everyone. Fifteen years ago I briefly joined an online 'Grab-a-Granny' dating club with the intention of sharing my motorhome trips platonically with a female companion. The first one to whom I mentioned the motorhome said haughtily: "I don't take holidays in a garden shed" and I've never bothered since.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
therein lies your problem,

:giggle:
I know. I've had two women marry me and one long term relationship so I must be pretty sought after. :giggle:
The opportunity for a bit of 'Ow's yer father' would be very welcome but it can complicate an otherwise good friendship.

Wedding.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2016
Rhayader, Powys
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer 335 LWB
Exp
I did consider a similar posting when my wife refused to go to Portugal this year. She wasn't keen, but i couldn't see a downside! Actually it makes good sense for a couple of lone travellers to get together. What our son did over twenty years ago, was travel with his friend each in their own van. They got to Provence and his van engine went caput. Wouldn't you just know it!! They eventually bought a house together in France, had two children and wouldn't ever come back. Not suggesting that would happen to you, certainly not the children. Good luck with your ad, and let us know how it works out.
I have been in Motorhomefun for a few years and have been to a few rally’s where I’ve met lots of single women and got on well with them. It would be nice to have someone who has their own campervan or Motorhome to meet up with and hopefully travel abroad with. It’s been my dream to travel to Spain but the thought of going on my own frightens me. Fear of the unknown as I know once I’ve done it I could do it again. By the way I have two Yorkshire terrier dogs. I would like to try around September time so if theres anyone out there who would like to go please let me know on this site and perhaps we can meet up somewhere and see how we get no. I am retired but am what you say young for my age so ive been told. You will have to judge for yourselves. Fingers crossed.🤗

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back