Free Member
Jun 22, 2014
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Transit conversion
Exp
A not quite so newbie anymore!
I'm taking my new (to me) 2005 LWB Transit to Europe in September for a 3mth trip. It is still registered as a van and needs a few things doing with this trip in mind. Can anyone recommend water tanks for underneath it? It does not have any ventilation either - wondering about louvered vents for rear doors, but having trouble finding ones that you can shut from inside the van if needed. Figure someone on here might have some suggestions!? Thanks.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
A class RV and Autotrail
Exp
35 +years with breaks
Cak Tanks do purpose built ones for your transit and mounting kits
I went for Heki roof lights in my transit for light and ventilation
they do a proper bonded transit side panel glass with slide opener for the transit also
Will dig out a pic or two for you
G

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
A class RV and Autotrail
Exp
35 +years with breaks
Here you are, I put my tank inside under a seat, not so much work involved and half the cost, its only intended as a weekender, although I keep adding bits like hot water full cooker and a fridge its slowly turning into a fully fledged camper.
The sliding window is bonded to sliding door on this one, but can be fitted to any panel
G

Attachments

OP
RedHead28

RedHead28

Free Member
Jun 22, 2014
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Transit conversion
Exp
A not quite so newbie anymore!
Thank you JJ and Geo, useful info! I have a busy friend who is willing and able to do the work but does not have the time to research it all - so I can send him something positive to look at now.

SMC Motorhomes Newark
RoadPro
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers
Dave Newell Leisure Vehicle Services