Transit based Hobby Exclusive twin singles (1 Viewer)

Jan 13, 2021
Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640slb
Exp
Had a break and about to start again !
Hi guys does anyone have the above motorhome and could you recommend ? Happy to read ANY information good or bad. Thanks in advance 🤞🤞🤞

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Hi guys does anyone have the above motorhome and could you recommend ? Happy to read ANY information good or bad. Thanks in advance 🤞🤞🤞
Depends on the year and exact model.
Older ones ( up to 07 - 08 ) are VERY well made.. Only issue I know of on them was on the ally bodied lowline ones it is common to see the body around the rear wheel arches starting to to quite badly.. But inside the vans they are extremely well puit together.. I would certainly be happy to buy another, older, Hobby
We actually had an 1988 one and I really could not fault the fixtures and fittings

Jul 2, 2019
doncaster
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2010
I havent had one but i know someone who had an older one, and they were very happy with it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
362bkr
Jan 13, 2021
Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640slb
Exp
It’s a 2010 hobby van exclusive tl500 .👍

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Hi and welcome to the Fun!
:welcome3:

I had a similar vintage Hobby Toskana 750 and lived in it for 5 years. Great van! Ok, so it was Fiat Ducato base rather than Ford Transit, but the build and fittings are the same.

There is another Funster on here SGNV who lives in a Hobby Van very similar (maybe the same?) to the one you are interested in. Hopefully she will be able to give you more info. :Smile:

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
I currently have a 2010 Hobby Van Exclusive on a Transit.
Great van , we love it.
What to look out for. ( or what we’ve discovered).
Oven door catch not very good. Ours snapped and the replacement didn’t last long. Now have a mod by us.
Shower tray. Can split and difficult access to the waste traps. Replacement trays are difficult to source.
Bed height. Check if you can sit up in bed. I’m 5’10 and my head would hit the ceiling. I removed the bed sprung bases and replaced with plywood base and then fitted air mats below for ventilation. When long terming we slightly prop up the mattresses during the day to air them.
Our table had the single end leg. If getting up and putting pressure on the corner of the table it would cause it to dislodge from the wall rail.
I removed the leg and fitted a T leg. it solved the problem.
My wife made a floor to ceiling curtain that fits behind the seats and around the doors. Fitted 5 press studs around the top and we put it up in cold weather to improve heating. It dramatically cuts down the amount of gas we use to keep warm.
Also made some insulation profiles for the roof lights and front roof window out of radiator foil. Cuts down on heat loss.
The front overcab roof window was subject to a recall about 4-5 years ago. There were incidences of them blowing out. Hobby paid for the remedial work. It was quite well publicised at the time.
My biggest problem at the moment is small patches of surface rust on the transit cab and wheel arches.
The wheel arches are easily replaced by any good body shop. The bigger problem is on the passenger side where the bodywork joins the cab. There is early appearance of rust bubbling up along this transition seam. I am trying to find a company who could remove this panel and make good and refit.
Overall the van is really well made and a pleasure to use. We often go away for 3 months at a time and have no problems.
Hopefully this helps.
Any other info you need please ask.
Graham

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I'd say it's an ideal candidate for getting nicked, on two fronts :(

OP
OP
362bkr
Jan 13, 2021
Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640slb
Exp
???

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Chaser means it’s on a transit chassis which are the tea leaves favourite choice. You could always fit a strikeback type alarm. My neighbours have one on a fiat chassis, well made indeed.
Phil

Dec 17, 2016
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Hymer B525 2006 A cl
Exp
Hi and welcome to the Fun!
:welcome3:

I had a similar vintage Hobby Toskana 750 and lived in it for 5 years. Great van! Ok, so it was Fiat Ducato base rather than Ford Transit, but the build and fittings are the same.

There is another Funster on here SGNV who lives in a Hobby Van very similar (maybe the same?) to the one you are interested in. Hopefully she l

Nov 11, 2016
uk, no fixed abode
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
since 2016
Yep, love my van. Have been living in it for 3 years now. Wouldn't swap, haven't seen a better lay out yet. The thing with lay outs is that you have to think about how you want to use the van, what is important to you. I love how light it is inside, windows are fairly big. One bed for me, one for the watercolour paper. Love the big garage. I'm on my own and there is more than sufficient space for everything.
Agree with the oven door, I just took the whole thing out as I don't use the oven, find the extra space very useful.
Agree about the shower, best not to put any weight on the bit above the wheel. I had the tray coated, seems ok.
Check about the rooflight.
Big expense last year was the outer skin of the bathroom rooflight coming off. Get it checked if you suddenly start getting water between the layers. It took 6 months to get the part as it had to be made (it's the round one).
I have the Vanbitz alarm.
I know about the table, but think I've only done that once or twice so it doesn't bother me.
I haven't done any extra insulation although I have thought about getting something to go under the carpet. I just layer up in winter.
There are indeed a few rusty spots, but they haven't really gotten any worse in the 4 years I've had the van.
Engine wise, just the usual expenses you'd expect from her age.
Check that the fridge door is sufficiently supported, mine has a piece of wood underneath.
Feel free to fire away if you have any questions.

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
SGNV
I remember your first posts on the forum and the watercolours you used to put on at times, pleased to hear that you are still out there (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back