Trackers - is this common knowledge? (1 Viewer)

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Just got back from delivering our vehicle to the dealers. We had forgotten to take the 'spare' tracker fob with us and said we'd forward it on.

We had an interesting conversation. The dealer said that without the second tracker fob it wouldn't be transferable to the new buyer. I asked why, as I thought it was just a spare - well It turns out that the second fob isn't viewed as a spare in the case of an insurance claim. If you're unable to produce both fobs the insurance companies can apparently refuse the claim as they will say that the thieves have stolen the spare fob - making it ineffective. It was certainly news to us - I thought I'd post here in case anyone else was unaware that this is the case.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Same as if your car/van goes missing. They want to see both (all) keys.

Wasn't there a thread on here a while ago saying they only had been given one key to their new van?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 27, 2013
Portglenone, Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Elddis Magnum185GT
Exp
Since July 2012
Might have been just the one key with plip? Cant remember o_O We've only got the one key with remote. If her indoors tries to get in using the spare (manual) key, the alarm goes off :eek:. I was in the toilet block on a site at the time with the "proper" set :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back