Free Member
Oct 3, 2010
queensbury
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since may 2010
hello just joined and picking brains right from the off ,weve just got a new vw fox and had an armitage a frame fitted great idea and easy to do until ,on our way home from lincolnshire to yorkshire it rain like never before ,then today i go to vac the car out and the passenger side footwell drenched with water anybody had this happen to them and if so what was the cure .

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Assuming you have had electronics fitted with the a-frame such as brakes or built in lights, I would check the bulkhead area and see if they have put the bung in properly, or just left a hole!:thumb:

OP
OP
C

craig.drake

Free Member
Oct 3, 2010
queensbury
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since may 2010
thanks for that i just looked and both cable entry points and they are both are spot on vw will need to see it i think :Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi and welcome to the fun.

i think its just a coincidence that the cars got a leak and the frames just been fitted.

i dont know the fox but if the radio aerial is on the passenger wing then check the grommet where the coax enters the inner wing.
you may have to do this from inside under the dash.

i had a car (cant remember what it was now) that had the same problem.
water running down the scuttle drain onto the inner wing, between inner and outer wings, and through the grommet hole.

took weeks to trace it as well.

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Laneside

Not familiar with this car but most or many cars have a drain under the vent grill on the scuttle top behind the bonnet opening line.

This should be visible under the bonnet on the bulk head and often has a rubber bulb type drain that gets blocked up. More so at this time of year with leaves, did you by chance park it under trees---- worth a look

Alan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back