Tour de France, who’s going to watch? (1 Viewer)

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
L'Alpe d'Huez tomorrow, we were there for the Centenary a few years ago when they came up twice. We parked up 4 km from the top for 10 nights, 8 before the race, the space we used was the only bit spare when we arrived and I had to knock up some extra ramps to get the fridge to work. We had the toad so we were able to get out and about apart from race day.
Some amazing bikes came up the mountain, we got a personal thumbs up from G as we were waving the Welsh flag, I put the TV in the back window and it drew quite an audience.
We will watch tomorrow with envy wishing we were there again the atmosphere was superb with all nationalities mixing and helping each other. We will do it again.
Cheers
Ed
View media item 12048View media item 12051View media item 12053View media item 12052

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
What an exciting stage yesterday and being won by Big G, whilst in yellow.

We were on an aire at a ski station near Manigod, having pre-dinner drinks with @Jenben, when he made that amazing move and sprinted for the line, nearly spilt me wine.:Eeek:

Mar 25, 2013
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit 160
Exp
Since 2013
We were at Nourmoutier for the Grand Depart and for the team presentation in La Roche sur Yon on the Thursday. Then to Stage 3 Time Trial on the roadside near St. Leger sous Cholet opposite the Le Gaulois sponsorship event!
Then across for Stage10 Annecy to La Grand Bornand, hoping to find a place on the Columbier. No chance! But found a wonderful village, Le Reposoir, on the way up to the Col and they made room for MHs in any space available. We were parked on someone's drive:Eeek: Village Fete on Sunday so had a great time. Close enough to the road to be able to pop back for a cuppa after the Caravane and back for the race on Tuesday!
Then to Stage 12 Bourg-St-Maurice to Alpe D’Huez. Found a spot on the roadside on Col Croix de Fer overlooking the reservoir Grand Maison.
Now in Montelimar making our way to the Pyrenees for Stage 19 :france:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2013
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit 160
Exp
Since 2013
481044E3-C285-4833-97C8-EB9950610888.jpeg
Tried our best to get a good photo of the MHF flag among others but it was too windy:Eeek:

Mar 25, 2013
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit 160
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Paul & Ann @colyboy You passed us earlier this evening:clap2: We were parked up on the side of the road to Col d’Aspin (D918) about 3 kms up from Arreau. Did you see us? No flags up yet - that’s tomorrow’s job
Guess you’re heading for the Tourmalet. We have lost count of how many vans have passed us on the way up - must be hundreds:Eeek: Hope you manage to find a spot.

See you at Malvern (y)

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Been watching on TV for the last few days.
Just a little bit jealous of you folk out there in all that wonderful mountain scenery.
We just love the Pyrenees.

Richard.

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Sorry we missed you we were on the way to the top of Col d’Aspin where we are now. Got a a nice spot right opposite the KOM finiish. Nice bar and snacks and live tv here. If you are fit you could cycle up here and if you did I would buy you a pint. If not see you st Malvern.

Colyboy

Mar 25, 2013
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit 160
Exp
Since 2013
Pity we didn’t know earlier cos Tim would have cycled up (I’m definitely not fit enougho_O) Also now it’s pi$$ing down here:(

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
also been enjoying it on TV.. but it's disgusting the way some spectators are spitting, throwing liquids and even pushing members of the Sky team.. and in particular C Froome who said he had urine thrown at him..

A French official on TV last night said the the French don't like winners.. made no apologies.. how can that be any sort of excuse..

well., if it were up to me , I'd boycott the event .. stay at home Sky team..

this is totally unacceptable.. it says nothing about Sky team and everything about the French

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back