Free Member
Jan 13, 2015
Nr Aberystwyth
Funster No
MH
A class, Hymer 620 mli
Exp
since 1982
I always save our stops on the Tomtom Go 620.
Does anyone know how to save them to my MacBook ?

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Nope, but they should appear in your Tom Tom MyDrive app/site if that helps.

Ian

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
Hi @Norman Jones

Someone has suggested this as a way of saving your MyPlaces on a Tomtom. It mens that you don't finish with a big list and by collating them together and naming them _MyPlaces you can get the list to appear at the top of the My Places page under Recent Destinations.

Create a Personalised POI Category with your Favorite places

Using your PC to build your own MyPlaces (Favorites) Personalised POI Categories and load them into your Go
Download the Free Tyre to Travel Basic..... Link Removed
Tyre To Travel uses Google Maps and the large screen on your PC to view the maps, it easier than to scrolling around the screen of your Tomtom GO to find your MyPlaces (Favorites)

(1)..... Run Tyre to Travel

(2).....Double Click on the Tyre map at the position you would like to create a POI (Favorite) or use the yellow box in Tyre to search for addresses postcodes etc...

(3)….. To prevent double entry's in MyPlaces on the GO, when you are planning POI's (_Favorites), edit the names of your POI's so they each POI has a unique name that means something to you or modify the Name offered by Tyre so it becomes unique
(3.1)..... When you have finished compiling your list,
(3.2)….. From the Tyre "File Tab" select "Convert to a TomTom POI File”

(3.3)….. From the Tyre "File Tab” Select “Save as" I saved my file to the Desktop as "_Favorites (Note "_Favorites.ov2" The Underscore before the "_F" is not displayed on the Tomtom screen, but it forces the POI category to the top of the list

Once you have created the POI file you load it using the MYDrive webpage.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Norman Jones

Norman Jones

Free Member
Jan 13, 2015
Nr Aberystwyth
Funster No
MH
A class, Hymer 620 mli
Exp
since 1982
Thank you both very much, it sounds like a job for a long dark evening on holiday.
Ian, I have searched and no way can I find them in My Drive App.
DJA, Wow, I will try that when I run out of jobs and sober!!!
Thanks again for taking the time to spell that out, my brain 'urts already!!
On the last trip I decided to sort them on the Tomtom by putting a G in front of all my Greek entries. Took bloody ages.

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
Hi @Norman Jones

The MyPlaces on your GO620 should appear on your MyDrive app or when on a PC and you open and log into the Web page.

On the app

Tap 3 vertical dots top left
Tap Account

then

Tap 3 Vertical dots
Tap MyPlaces
You should now see the list of MyPlaces that are on your unit.
You can add Places on the App and they should sync to your unit when you start it and pair it with your Phone.

One thing you cannot see on the App but you can see on the Web page version is the List of POI files you have on your unit which are listed below the Recent Destination option in My Places.

Doug

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back